A little about me....

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

SplaTZXR400
My Bike: ZXR400

A little about me....

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

Been with the forum quite a while now and never really introduced myself properly, hello my name is splatzxr400. some people call me wanker but dunno y that is :smt017 anyway live in eastbourne, fun little town, but love riding my bike all over lovely sussex countryside. :smt004 bike is zxr444 L3, excpet the bore, everything is stock. 30,000 miles, some service history, alot of work done, good condition but some evidence of a crash.

been riding for about 2 years now. started when i got a cpi gtr thing wen i was 16 and really started to get into biknig so wen i was 17 i did my full test and after researching wot bike i'd like, decided to get a 400, cheap to insure and powerful enough. researched more and decided i wanted a zxr400 as i loved the look, good reviews, and that they we're the fastet 400, reportedly. and by fluke i found 1! but never buying off a polish 'mechanic' again. :smt011

Absoloutly love my ZXR, and even more since i got in running like a bike should, with no more headlight issues and carb problems etc. no jus a good old fashioned blown exhaust now :smt002 but i enjoy it alot more now i feel confident about it. wacthed videos on youtube about how to get your knee down, really did help and i feel a more confident rider now i know how to control it better round corners.

i like to customize little things, just to be different and so its my own personal touch, makes it feel more mine.
things I'VE done since i bought it.

better condition L5 loom + coils, leads, caps, plugs, fusbox, all relays r/h switchgear. ctx-12 battery
front and rear clear indicators
polished frame (tempted about the Wheels)
ZXR barends
clear screen, painted with pearlescent paint.
manual fan switch
clock and compass (compass seemed like a good idea but dont work, always points south coz its attracted to the clock frame. duh
blue LED backlight for clocks (fancy some UV ones now)
alarm
gold (brass) radiator grill and side grill
wheel tape
my own kawasaki sticker on the side i made
fibreglass repaired panels and sprayed inside black
heated grips

Il put up some pics when they are accepeted.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: A little about me....

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello mate, how did you sort the headlight issue in the end?
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

I was convinced it was alternator coz i thoghut any electricald drain, biggest being headlight would kill the engine, but turned out to be coils i think, or either HT leads or caps, anyway replaced those parts, and i can idle with all possible elctrics goin and nothing, not even a blip. and its fixed all my hard starting problems. so if any1 has these symptoms, check coils, i got a pair with leads etc. for £15 :smt003
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello & welcome to zxrworld!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
mycallsevern
My Bike: ZXR400 L3 UK spec

Post by mycallsevern »

Hey welcome, couple of questions, was is easy to change your clock lights and where did you get your big bore kit?

Cheers Michael
Rubber side down, rubber side down, rubber side down.
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

clock lights piece of piss, only thing is i had to take the front off to get behind them which is a pain, but only 2 allen bolts on the frame, 4 bolts on the body and 2 bolts under, jus above the mudgurad, its easier to loosen the clocks aswell. then pull the old bulbs out and replace with LED, u must use 12V 286 wedge bulbs, u need 5. i got mine for 49p each form ultraleds.co.uk iv bin looking at UV ones to see if they will make the numbers and stuff glow :smt003

dunno bout the bore kit, i think its made by tts or something, but u might need to talk to a garage, mine was already bored when i bought it so dont now the ins and outs
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

Last edited by SplaTZXR400 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mycallsevern
My Bike: ZXR400 L3 UK spec

Post by mycallsevern »

Cool thanks for the info.
Rubber side down, rubber side down, rubber side down.