Chavyboy

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

chavyboy
My Bike: tomos moped

Chavyboy

Post by chavyboy »

Well some of you know me.

Used to own a ZXR400 L9 on a 51 plate until the start of the year when I sold it. Now had to get another bike for commuting so bought a Suzuki GS500 E with is functional and that's about it, not my 1st choice in bikes but it is reliable and low mileage. Currently paying £107 TPFT but the bike is only really worth about £800 max.

Miss the old 400 and the power delivery from 9K onwards right up to 150mph but not praticle for commuting and the insurance would be stupidly high on it anyway.

Still working for an American bank in Canary Wharf but hate it and hopefully joining the Police Force next year if they'll take me :lol: always wanted to be in the traffic cops (Something about Joy riding legally 8) )

Currently drive a Skoda, yep you heard right. Its a Fabia vRS 1.9 PD TDI but the engine management is far from standard and catches some of the so called hot hatches out alot of the time. Not quite as quick as a Scooby WRX STi but not far off :shock:

Big hello to RobB my old riding buddy.

Ivan
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello mate :D

Now ya got a bike again well have to go for a quick spin sometime, dont worry ill slow down for yas :lol: :P
chavyboy

Post by chavyboy »

RobB wrote:Hello mate :D

Now ya got a bike again well have to go for a quick spin sometime, dont worry ill slow down for yas :lol: :P
You will have to mate, a ton with no fairing isn't funny :( plus the brakes are no where as good as the ZXR400, I would be better using my feet in the back wheel to stop :lol:
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

LOL, yeah i know about a ton with no fairing, i got the ZXR remember, and that does 110 flat out. It will go faster too, but need a derestrictor, they cost 100 quid!
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

DERESTRICTOR

Post by sloweracing »

Rob you say you need a derestictor for your bike what one do you need
i have a couple that you plug into the back of your clocks that you can have cheap came of my race bike zxr 400 h2
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Sorry, i meant my XJR not ZXR :oops:

I got an XJR400, no fairing you see :D

However,i do already have a de-restrictor fitted to my ZXR :D If you got one lying about for an XJR ill be glad to take it off ya hands.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

DERSTRITOR

Post by sloweracing »

NO SORRY ONLY GOT TWO LEFT FOR THE ZXR

Post by Guest »

RobB wrote:LOL, yeah i know about a ton with no fairing, i got the ZXR remember, and that does 110 flat out. It will go faster too, but need a derestrictor, they cost 100 quid!
lo