Your Locations

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: gpz500s d5, zxr400 L5

Re: Your Locations

Post by gavinfdavies »

currently in Telford area, shropshire, regualrly travel out to stoke too. :smt006

Have familly in North Norfolk (so pass by kings lynn often) and Burnley, so often visit lancashire.
I do 700 miles a week in all weathers including snow, that's roughly 35,000 miles a year, and some weekend warrior biker has the nerve to get out of his Audi at work to tell me to I was riding far too fast in the wet (over taking at 50... fast eh?).
skullie
My Bike: zxr400L1 ,zx400g,zx11d3

Post by skullie »

when i get my zx400g back on the road l'm in no-man's land l'm originally from down south and now live not far from Chester which goes mad when the horse racing season begins , but i got miles and miles of back roads to get lost on :excited :excited
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

not too far from oulton park then, lucky sod! I'm in Newport, not many of us about down here. Maybe we could meet at the raven's cafe (truck stop on that little bit of dual carrige way just below whitchurch) for breakie and a ride out one day?
I do 700 miles a week in all weathers including snow, that's roughly 35,000 miles a year, and some weekend warrior biker has the nerve to get out of his Audi at work to tell me to I was riding far too fast in the wet (over taking at 50... fast eh?).
skullie

Post by skullie »

that wouldn't be a bad idea at some stage some time this year ,i would have to find the place first tho as am new to the area even tho i have lived here for nearly 3 years
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

not sure i'll be around here too long though, am trying to rent a new property down peterborough way. raven's cafe has postcode of SY13 2AF, follow A41 down past whitchurch, and it's on the right at the end of a little bit of dual carriage way on a roundabout. Ask for the gutbuster breakfast. Then leave your leathers undone whilst you ride home cos you don't fit in them anymore!
skullie

Post by skullie »

ok not a problem as soon as i got the m.o.t sorted out i'll get in touch and arrange a ride out

bikes going in for the test on 29/1 so hopefully it will be any time after that

better make it over a week end tho as i work 9-5 daily lol
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

maybe sunday 30th. I'm off down to huntingdon that afternoon, leaving about 11ish i'd say, so sounds like a good excuse to get up early for a good meal, and go straight from there. Maybe have a quick blast first.
skullie

Post by skullie »

sorry dude no can do i'm working every weekend for the next few weeks as company is relocating to bigger premises :smt009 :smt009 pity would have enjoyed a ride out over that week end
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

bad luck. let me know if there are any days that you are free, and i'll let you know if i am too. Not sure which bike i'll bring, just finished the twin disc conversion on my gpz :excited it's now go two enormous calipers up front. stoppie heavan here i come.
skullie

Post by skullie »

got any pics ??
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

not yet. in the morning i'm gonna finally get out the bucket, and give the gpz and the zxr a damn good wash. Refit the mud guard, bleed the brakes, fit the stick coils (gotta sort out how to attach them to the loom though!), tidy up the wiring (see the heat shrink), and take her for a spin. then i'll get some pics. i'm doing a diary in the other bikes section, not much to see yet with pics. she's a bit of a frankenstein's creation, mismatched bodywork (it's the wrong colour and badly scuffed, but it's got all the lugs, and was £12 of ebay, GET IN!)
skullie

Post by skullie »

hi mate looks like i won't be getting out on my bike for a while as i cant seem to locate a restrictor kit for my bike at the moment . hopefully i will get it on the road soon ,well i hope so will keep looking lol
:rant :rant :ffs :smt013
gavinfdavies
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by gavinfdavies »

damn, the guy (read butt) i bought my zxr off had one, and i didn't bother with it (i did direct access). He might still have it 01952 462616 ask for lee, mention the zxr he sold in the summer, ask if he still has the restrictor kit. failing that, ebay. ask around on the forum, some one will have one!
nigbuzz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by nigbuzz »

near camberley in surrey.
One day my pretty, One Day!
skullie

Post by skullie »

gavinfdavies wrote:damn, the guy (read butt) i bought my zxr off had one, and i didn't bother with it (i did direct access). He might still have it 01952 462616 ask for lee, mention the zxr he sold in the summer, ask if he still has the restrictor kit. failing that, ebay. ask around on the forum, some one will have one!

who was the guy ??

will give him a call in the morning , lets cross our fingers