General Questions

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: General Questions

Post by zimm »

you can have my LWB transit 190d for £200.. its crap but it runs ok ..

http://socrates.is-a-geek.net/pics/cars/transit/

biggrin
Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bozzie »

Well i have considered a SWB Transit, and have seen some nice race conversions. I would rather have a transit tbh than a VW as i used to work at Ford sandicliffe fixing them. SO i have contacts and also a good knowledge of them. Also found out today if you get a drving liscence now, you need to do some more test to be able to tow a trailer/caravan.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

Bozzie wrote:Also found out today if you get a drving liscence now, you need to do some more test to be able to tow a trailer/caravan.
I'm sure I've mentioned this on here before...but any car licence allows you to tow a trailer up to 750kg. This will cover any bike trailer you are likely to find, and probably smaller caravans.

The rules again:

Car licence obtained before Jan 1997:

- Vehicle up to 7.5t with trailer up to 750kg (ie 8250kg total).
- Trailer greater than 750kg as long as it is less than the max towing capacity of the car, and the whole lot is less than 7.5t

Car licence obtained after Jan 1997 (ie you and me)

- Vehicle up to 3.5t with trailer up to 750kg (ie 4250kg total).
- Trailer greater than 750kg as long as it is less than the max towing weight for the car, and the whole lot is less than 3.5t

Note these are all the Max Gross Weights of the vehicle/trailer, not the amount that they actually weigh on a given day.

For example, most vans have an MGW of 3.5t. So you could only tow a trailer with up to 750kg MGW, even if you never actually loaded the van up to 3.5t.

For you, this means that a van and caravan combination might not be allowed, but car + caravan, car + bike trailer, van + bike trailer are all probably ok.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits