Race tyres

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ZXR_AL
My Bike: tomos moped

Race tyres

Post by ZXR_AL »

I saw in a post some one saying they were getting the pirelli supercorsas for £167 a set delivered, where can i find somewhere as cheap as that, mine have been £210 a pair fitted!! so need to try and find somewhere cheaper to save a bit of £
A J Racing
goodrood

Tyres

Post by goodrood »

Watch out with tyres, cheap one are sometimes old stock ! There is a date on the I think its a week number and year, i see you didnt say Pro and i bet you have been paying £210 for the pro and not the standard S/Corsa

Good luck with racin

Regards
Jim
Jim Bo
Fastestzxrinuk

Post by Fastestzxrinuk »

Bells Motorcycles in wales £167 delivered to the door! Supercorsa PRO'S!!
And i am advised that tyres have a shelf life of 3 years if stored properly. :smt002
Hope this helps, it has for me :smt003
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Fastestzxrinuk wrote:And i am advised that tyres have a shelf life of 3 years if stored properly. :smt002
Hope this helps, it has for me :smt003
shelf life or on the bike life?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
pullskin back

Post by pullskin back »

yea tyres can be stored up to 3 years as long as there in a cool place and have not been fitted :smt002
mine are kept in the freezer :smt005
and mine are pro,s which i can get droped to the door for £175
just shop around :smt006
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

I bought brand new wets at the end of the last race as it started to rain then stopped so i had them taken off the rims and now stored under my bed on top the the rad pipes so they keep warm

I would only buy from the race track as they are not that old some companys must had them stored in the cold or even damp conditions it doesnt do them any good

Even over winter if you are thinking off doing the odd track day put both paddock stands on the bike so the tyres are not on the cold concrete will stop the tyre from going rock hard

Just beware off what your buying cheap is not allways good
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

sloweracing wrote: Even over winter if you are thinking off doing the odd track day put both paddock stands on the bike so the tyres are not on the cold concrete will stop the tyre from going rock hard
you're not filling me with confidence here :smt010
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Dunlop technical support

Post by Dunlop technical support »

I dont know where you get your information from 'sloweracin' : :smt018
Tyres need to be stored 'in a cool dark place' HEAT will cause the solvents
to activate. Hence when they are used in the rite conditions the 'blue colour that they go.! COOL-DARK place. Put them in black bin liners in a cool place :smt002
il4
My Bike: ZXR400L7

Post by il4 »

Your nick exites me, but I am hving problem comprehending what you are trying to convey.

Mike
ZXR_AL

Post by ZXR_AL »

so where can i order them from i searched for bells in walex and couldnt find nething? does any1 have website addresses as i want to order a few sets asap?
A J Racing
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

they advertise in the back of mcn every other week. the advert is red and yellow, with no company name.

don't try bfm, they never have tyres at the advertised price. their number starts 01274
ZXR_AL

Post by ZXR_AL »

ok, cheers then m8t will check me mcn
A J Racing