race tires

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

new fzr racer

race tires

Post by new fzr racer »

tel me u guys how much do u pay for tires at the race meetings ?im starting racing this year at bemsee and im scared :smt010
wot tires work best for the 400 range ?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

check out the tyres section on the forum for advice although i'm not sure you would rate the same tyre for road and race.?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
hollingsbee#54
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

I race with bemsee and use pirelli supercorsa's at about £200 a time. They usually get me through 2 meetings but are quality. The other main choice would have to be dunlop 209's at about the same price. But its personal preferance at the end of the day.
Rob Hollingsbee Superbike 400
kris-cross

Post by kris-cross »

Dont worry 'fzr racer' the bemsee club isnt very competative, only the top three go at a reasonable pace. A set of Dunlop gpr 70 sp's are good enough. The more cometative clubs are the N.G (who i race with) and the northern clubs get some super corsa's or rennsports if you want to run at the front with them. Good luck!
hollingsbee#54

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

kris-cross wrote:Dont worry 'fzr racer' the bemsee club isnt very competative, only the top three go at a reasonable pace. A set of Dunlop gpr 70 sp's are good enough. The more cometative clubs are the N.G (who i race with) and the northern clubs get some super corsa's or rennsports if you want to run at the front with them. Good luck!
Bemsee not competative??? your having a laugh mate!!
ZXR_AL

Post by ZXR_AL »

feck me, im in stitches after reading that!!!!

you seriously think north gloucester are more competative than bemsee??

i still cant believe i just read that, do you know where, shakey & michael rutter & many more all started?

but in answer to the original question is 215 or 220 for pirelli supercorsa pros fitted and they are the nuts.

cheapmotorcycletyres on ebay do them cheap, 189 i think but dont know how old they are.
A J Racing
kris-cross

Post by kris-cross »

When i say competative... you are taking it in the correct context chaps ?
Im saying our riders are running faster lap times! we were at brands for the first time this season and think we had better times than your club and to be fair you just about live there! Pembray?? Cadwell?? Oh and while your on the net checking up 'AL' get your self some gpr 70 sp's :smt003 i was running in the very low 53's at brands with them!
Some of your lads tried trophy hunting at brands when we were there and
came away with egg on there face :smt003 :smt003
hollingsbee#54

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

sorry to burst your bubble mate but your wrong, front runners at bemsee do 51's round brands, low 1.40's round cadwell and low 1.03's round pembrey. Nearly a second quicker at brands, and a few tenths quicker at cadwell and pembrey than your lot. Dont I dont think you've got the edge on the bemsee boys yet.
ZXR_AL

Post by ZXR_AL »

think u need 2 check ur clubs times again m8, maybe ur gettin bemsee times confused with ur own.

Either way u no ur talkin rubbish and we all know wot were sayin is right cos we seen it wiv our own eyes, neway cheers 4 brightening up the day with ur comedy act m8t!

was it tires we were talkin about?
does ne 1 have contact details for this bells motorcycles in wales?
A J Racing
Lap time guru.

Post by Lap time guru. »

:smt017 Just to put the record straight, the fastest Bemsee ss400 rider last season was Dave twyford 51.878... 2nd race Round 6.
The fastest N.G riders were Simon Gates and James Cox 51.7...2nd race...12th June. Only once did the bemsee dip into the 51's ! and the last round of the MRO only one rider got into the 51,s.... Leighton Walker 51.551. SO Kris you are correct in your quote.
I will dig no deeper you clearly know your onions!
BUT !! the Derby and Pheonix novice Graham Frear laps Cadwell in the 1m.39's and had a podium with the MRO there :smt002
So the moral of this thread is DONT :smt018 mess with N.G and northern clubs.
kris-cross

Post by kris-cross »

Thanks 'Guru' :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018
' Sorry to burst your bubble' :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
' your having a laugh arnt you' :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Get on the pace lads !!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
So where exactly are the Bemsee club competative ???
Dont even ask who holds the 400 lap record at donnington :smt002
Still Dave Stewart has allowed you big pistons this year!! that might up your pace a bit. Is that egg i see on your face??? :smt003 :smt003
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

that's all very nice but ultimately you are all southern poofs.

i did brands in 28.2, although it was the club circuit and i was only firing on three and i had an upset tummy
hollingsbee#54

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

I still could never agree that NG is more competative than bemsee, there's far more bemsee boys on the pace than NG which surely meens for more competative racing :smt017 :smt003
mustslowdown

Post by mustslowdown »

i have heard that lawnmower racing is competative yet quite slow :smt020
raven performance

Post by raven performance »

but tel me how are all u boys up north so fast ????
all your spare time seems to be hanging out the back of sheep :smt005 :smt005