best 400 rider who?

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

mustslowdown

best 400 rider who?

Post by mustslowdown »

hi all have just got a 400 zxr to race this year, was thinking about bemsee but some are saying they are slow ,so who is the best club /riders in uk,i live in notts area,have just been doing trackdays up to now but i am thin and think i can win :smt001
ps am doing a testday on sunday at cadwell how fast should i be going?
hollingsbee#54
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

right lets get one thing straight BEMSEE IS NOT SLOW!!!!! Where this reputation has suddenly come from I have no idea! Is is without a doubt the best run, best organised and safest club in the country. Great club to race with!
Rob Hollingsbee Superbike 400
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Thats why im called sloweracing 52 seconds around Brands Indy i reckon should at least be doing 50 seconds :smt003

Ride with the club you like Bemsee have the most Marshalls and medics availble to help when you need help

I have rode with a few clubs BUT WOULDNT ride with them again one club left my bike on the circuit when it was easy to retreive

And some clubs but you out with honda hornets and cb 500 and gp250 not a very nice going past a bike then it coming straight back at you

Only you can choose a club sorry mate but we are slow at BEMSEE come find out :smt003

Cadwell i think im still off the pace not had a good engine there yet 1 minute 44 for me so far but a good lap 1 minute 42-40

Good luck mate keep us posted
Where do you come from might help you choose a club

Simon Lowes
New website below
the-elf

Post by the-elf »

If your from Notts have you tried Derby Phoenix? I race with them and they're a pretty good bunch of lads and lassies. The formular 400 grid is usally very busy though so you need to be quick getting your application forms in. For info check out:
http://www.derby-phoenix.co.uk/
and
http://www.dpmcc.networkin.co.uk/

Hope this is of help
G.F

Post by G.F »

'sloweracing' you say you havent had a good engine at cadwell and on another post you say "my engine hasnt been stripped for 18months" :smt017 :smt017 :smt017 Duh! is your nose growing ?:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
1m 42 ?? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 Graham Frear (a novice) did 1m 39s on a 72bhp zxr. :smt020
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

We run 3 engines which we have done all different work to and we try on race days and practise days but at cadwell i couldnt get on the pratice day
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Graham Frear well at least you have the guts to post your name was this lap time before or after they changed the circuit mate

What i dont like is people like criss cross slating other clubs when i have ridden with a few clubs and i have made my own mind up on who i will or wont ride with you dont going saying there slow theres a lot of good riders in different clubs Simon Gates being one of them

For me Bemsee is the best club and is well run on the track saftey wise

It is up to people to try for them selfs

Post by Guest »

well thanks guys will give phoenix a ring :smt001
Rick Owen

Post by Rick Owen »

Bemsee and derby phoenix seem to be the best, Im in bemsee defo not slow
markluvsracing

Post by markluvsracing »

Sorry, not a member of this site, but thought i would post a comment.
I race with bemsee in the YPM class, I have watched the 400 boys and they are fast.

if you think they are slow, bear this in mind....there is a rumour that Rik Ballerini will be riding a TZR2503xv with TZ kit parts in the new superbike 400 class. If you think you can be as fast as him and beat him, I'll gladly watch...if you can beat him straight off,even on a zxr400 I'll eat my dunlops!

slow? pah!

I'm not stirring it up, i was looking at the site as i was thinking of a switch to 400's in the future.

Ta, Mark
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

bemsee are slow tossers -all of them.

all clubs look slow next to me

i am great. nobody else is.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Good on you mate

Its good to have confidence in your self and your racing have a good year

Take it your not ever going to race with Bemsee :smt003
kris-cross

Post by kris-cross »

Why is it all the slow riders have an opinion on how fast the bemsee is :smt017
It stands to reason if your slow everyone looks fast !
Y.P.M :smt015 :smt015