sprocket rubbing against swingarm!!!

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

rear wheel probs

sprocket rubbing against swingarm!!!

Post by rear wheel probs »

Hi guys,
i was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before:

Basically i used the bike with supercorsas on and when it started raining swapped the tyres to wets but on the same wheel rims. When i had fitted the wheel again the sprocket was being crushed against the swingarm and the rear wheel wouldnt move. I loosened up the wheel and tried again, this time the wheel moved but there was a kind of clunking and grinding noise as the wheel turned.

Somebody told me 2check the spacers as i could have been using the 1s from a zxr750 rear wheel and these wouldnt fit but i checked and i was using the correct spacer for that wheel.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to try next or what the problem might be?

Im going to try using a different set of spacers this evening but im thinking as the spacers i was using came from the wheels originally and i didnt have this problem 2 start with it cant be that, if anyone has any suggestion it would be much appreciated as im starting 2worry with brands only being a few weeks away!!!!

ps sorry about long explanation - only way i could explain it
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have you got the spacers the right way round??
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Did you try what i told you at the track day

Read the writing on the wheels and make sure you havent got a different size wheel on the bike just check only takes a minute

Where are you based you could always pop down and we try all my wheels on your bike

Im only 5 minutes from Brands

Simon
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Didnt realise you have run the same rims before

So that would mean it is the internal cush drive spacer has moved and might not be in straight if a spacer was missing then there would be play in the wheel side to side so i would now check the spacer in the cush drive and clean and lube it up and push it all the way in then try again you cant get the external spacer around the wrong way as they wont fit inside the seals

Last but not least you havent insurted knew bearings in these wheels and not located them propely