On a budget

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jonesyiom
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: On a budget

Post by jonesyiom »

Fella, I know you'd like a list of shops selling all the parts you want but in reality this pretty little row of shops does not exist so you have to hunt the buggers down, and there is no better place than here to start your mooching.
Before your start lobbing cash willy nilly at the little fella I'd suggest that you get your front and rear suspension sorted, unless it's there already.

A rationilisation question I'd ask myself is - "am I faster than the bike or is the bike faster than me?" If it's the former and you are able to ride your bike to it's limit and the bike is now holding you back then start racing. If it's the latter then increasing it's power aint gonna help things.

Get a decent rear shock and the front re-valved and I guarantee that you will feel the difference, then and only then may you start purchasing BHP increasing goodies.
And as a tip, see if you can find a set of SP forks as they have additional adjustment.

Thats me, am out of knowledge now but I wish you a safe & successfull hunt in tracking down your quarry and dont forget to search this site...without this site i'd never have got what I have today and judging by my bank balance I wish I never had :pmsl

All the breast
Jonesy
cookiesol
My Bike: ZXR 400 L7

Post by cookiesol »

jonesyiom wrote:Fella, I know you'd like a list of shops selling all the parts you want but in reality this pretty little row of shops does not exist so you have to hunt the buggers down, and there is no better place than here to start your mooching.
Before your start lobbing cash willy nilly at the little fella I'd suggest that you get your front and rear suspension sorted, unless it's there already.

A rationilisation question I'd ask myself is - "am I faster than the bike or is the bike faster than me?" If it's the former and you are able to ride your bike to it's limit and the bike is now holding you back then start racing. If it's the latter then increasing it's power aint gonna help things.

Get a decent rear shock and the front re-valved and I guarantee that you will feel the difference, then and only then may you start purchasing BHP increasing goodies.
And as a tip, see if you can find a set of SP forks as they have additional adjustment.

Thats me, am out of knowledge now but I wish you a safe & successfull hunt in tracking down your quarry and dont forget to search this site...without this site i'd never have got what I have today and judging by my bank balance I wish I never had :pmsl

All the breast
Jonesy
goodpost
Max4music
My Bike: zx7r / zxr400

Post by Max4music »

cargo wrote:Without doubt this is the most entertaining thread I have ever seen on ZXRworld

Do please keep it going

:excited

Haha, I thought you would be finding this one amusing If I didnt know any better I would think this were a wind up....
Max4music
My Bike: zx7r / zxr400

Post by Max4music »

Can I suggest you consider fitting a turbo?

Or pay me £1000 a month and I'll build you what you want. Should be ready for Spring next year.

:smt002
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Post by R P Corse »

this guy can't be serious surely?! get him out of here!!

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

81bhp!!! :pmsl
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

StuntRider wrote:Just sold my old bike now got a L model road bike & last night brought a 81bhp race bike, the race engine n parts going in the road bike :)
Get some pics up.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

RedexRobB wrote:
StuntRider wrote:Just sold my old bike now got a L model road bike & last night brought a 81bhp race bike, the race engine n parts going in the road bike :)
Get some pics up.
and a dyno trace...and we will know if you have used crayons and tip-ex :D
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Noticed how he hasnt posted since his 81bhp claim lol
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

BigB wrote:Noticed how he hasnt posted since his 81bhp claim lol
thats because he realised his mistake...should have been 8.1bhp
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow

Post by R P Corse »

Lol!

I'm actually really annoyed by this fool, I offered to buy his bike and all his spares! Would have offered a sensible price if he'd have given me a rough idea what he wanted!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

BigB wrote:Lol!

I'm actually really annoyed by this fool, I offered to buy his bike and all his spares! Would have offered a sensible price if he'd have given me a rough idea what he wanted!
im pretty sure though that his bike is made not by Kawasaki, but by Tamiya :D
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

I was just getting ready to sell him parts at a 1000 a month, :pmsl :pmsl :pmsl
Ram air box, flat slides, SP forks, sp cams, forged pistons, he'd have to wait more than a month for those. :) He'd probably want the Marvic Mag front wheel with a nice set of rotors too, perfect for a street bike.