runing in new engine

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

azza

runing in new engine

Post by azza »

hi guys im just building a zxr4l race bike up an its got new pistons rings cam chain ect wots the best way 2 run her in??ive hurd so many diferent ways<low revs up a hill under load>run in oils? 50kms under 7000rpms or reving the crap out of her as soon as it starts after oil prs is up? thanks :smt017
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Run it in how your tuner tells you is best

We start at 7 thou then just build it up then nail it in the last session

Dont warm it up to much before you get to the track wait till a track day then warm it up well then just build it up all day dont run around to slow or in to high off a gear you want the engine pulling all the time

You are right every one says different things that is why you should ask your own tuner you can run them in on the dyno we have before as we run out off time

Good luck
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

put the rear up on a paddock stand and fill th tank. start it up, then engage any gear.open the throttle wide, and hold in place with gaffer tape.

leave until tank runs dry or engine stops for some other reason, whichever occurs first.

it'll run your new engine in perfectly, maybe.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

two things

If you run an engine like that till the tank runs dry, your engine is going overheat surely?

and secondly

thats not putting the engine under any load at all which is what i thought the point of running it in was?
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

lol i think hes jking about rob :smt005
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

ah :oops:
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

top marks for gullability.

i'd better stop joking if there's the posibility of anyone believing such obvious crap as that!

i hope azza didn't take it as seriously as rob did!