Skerries Anyone?

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

stuart42

Skerries Anyone?

Post by stuart42 »

Hi all

Well after a good day practice at Glanmire on a great little circuit, was rather disappointing to have Sunday rained off.

So its Skerries next, anyone going?

Cheers
Stuart
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

Re: Skerries Anyone?

Post by 400y »

Nope my next road race is Armoy all being well.

Should catch up with you then Stuart. Told you will get plenty of use out of wet tyres in Ireland. Its bad luck about the Cork race, much the same for the NW200 - when it rains here it really rains confuddled
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

Hi Yvonne

Yes you were right about the wets, so much so that I'm not taking them off from Cork so won't have to change them to wets first thing at Skerries.

I get the impression that wets are the norm and inters are only for special occasions?

I'll also be at Armoy and Mid Antrim all being well, but have S100 and Walderstoiwn before then, fingers crossed.

Cheers
Stuart
Deswilkie
My Bike: ZXR400L, Trumpet 675

Post by Deswilkie »

Sounds like you're keeping busy Stu. Just sent off my entries for Armoy and Mid Antrim last night (just one ferry for the two so a wee saving at least).

Would have liked to try Southern 100 but can't justify the time off that silly work stuff. Good luck on the Island
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

Post by 400y »

You will love Skerries - its little bit like Tandragee.

I dont think I will even be down to spectate this year. You will need the dry tyres for Skerries - I just know it will be sunny.
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

Oh yes am very busy.

I said that this year I would do as many as I can, as have always wanted to do it, and then next year just do ones I really liked.

Sadly, out of 3 so far I want to come back to them all.

I've only driven around Skerries once and was surprised as to how narrow it is. But have been told its not as tight as Glanmire, which was ok once I got used to it.

Is it not going to rain as you're not coming Yvonne? In that case we could have a whip round in the paddock and send you on holiday for every meeting?
rccaulfield
My Bike: zxr 400l sp

Post by rccaulfield »

great vid on the skerries races from nick sanders! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_v-Zu0Xr2c