Bemsee EDI Asia Sub 400's - FREE DYNO

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

gary2711
My Bike: tomos moped

Bemsee EDI Asia Sub 400's - FREE DYNO

Post by gary2711 »

We (SDC Performance)are offering a Free dyno test to anyone who has raced this year or is going to be racing in the Sub 64 class with Bemsee next year.

SDC Performance this year has built and raced 2 of these bikes. What we have discovered is that there is a big difference in the power output of these sub 64 bikes. Having chatted to some of the competitors at the weekend , it seems to be because a lot of people are very "in the dark" mechanically.

We are happy to dyno any sub 64 class bikes Free of charge and offer advice on how the bikes are running and any potential free power that is available.
In stock we keep jets sizes to cover most 400's , and are happy to guide people on set ups on the day if they want to change jets themselves and re run the bike.

It may be worth scheduling a "sub 64 dyno day" , where everyone can get together on the same day ( some time between now and xmas ) , while all the bikes are still together and running.

The SDC Performance kawasaki ZXR400 runs a totally standard ( un rebuilt engine ) , with some knowledge and no expensive parts it is possible to run a good reliable competitive bike. We are happy to help other sub 64 racers achieve this.

Please contact us to register your interest , I can be contacted at SDC Performance on 01438-357777 ( during work hours ) or email me at gary@fasterbikes.com

Gary Smith ZXR400 #14
alanh
My Bike: zxr400 L racebike/R1

Re: Bemsee EDI Asia Sub 400's - FREE DYNO

Post by alanh »

Hi Gary, where are you based? Now rules are up for next year now, no stick coils allowed any more so going to have to mount original coils elsewere :(
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project
gary2711

Post by gary2711 »

Hello Alan , we are based in Stevenage Hertfordshire. Happy to help if we can , and as above run your bike up for free and hopefully spot some free bhp ( or a more driveable set up ) that might be obtainable with adjustments.
Yes I did read about the coils , if you are running a ram air box , I think the best options are either under the rev counter or I have seen them mounted on top of the crankcases before which was quite neat and tidy.
Gary
alanh

Post by alanh »

yeah theres a bit of space above the crankcases and its away from the elements a bit more, might have to take you up on that one once the bikes re-built. you sticking with sub64 next year or going full power? theres a guy on here selling a complete bike with a beet system for less that a beet would cost new, be handy spares too.
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project
gary2711

Post by gary2711 »

No I wont be in the sub64's next year , we are currently building a full power tuned ZXR400 for next year. I want to show off a bit more of the engineering side and race bike preparation that we do. The sub64's have been great fun and a fantastic class , I want to try to challenge for overall wins next year.
Yes , exhaust is one of the tings I am missing in my bike build so far , so I will have a look at that. Cheers
alanh

Post by alanh »

you were flying on it tbf, be good to see how you get on with a full power bike. Be a lot of competition next season, gonna be great fun.
Tess71
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Tess71 »

hello there, just bought a minitwin in white blue and yellow with your name all over it!!! fancy that, but i was actually wondering if you would still be doing the free dyno run in the spring?? thank you tess
gary2711

Post by gary2711 »

I'm sure we can sort that out for you Tess. Let me know nearer the time and we can get you a space.
Frenchy
My Bike: ZXR 400 L5

Post by Frenchy »

Hi Gary

I'm based in Norwich and competed in Bemsee Rookie 400's at Brands last weekend. I stuck the bike on their dyno while i was there. Was a little disappointed that it ran at 59.5BHP as when I bought it I was lead to believe it had a stage 1 DynoJet kit in it.

If you are still offering this service would it be worthwhile coming across to see you? I definitely fall into the "in the dark" category!!!

Kris
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

59.5 is about right for a stock motor
alanh

Post by alanh »

Mines only a few bhp more mate and I was 1st sub64 in race 2 I'd spend my cash on suspension and brake setup if I were you. Welcome to bemsee though hope you enjoyed your 1st race. What number are you?
MarkThompson88
My Bike: ZXR400L Race Bike

Post by MarkThompson88 »

my zxr was only dyno'd at 57.6 oldman