Removing carbs

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul RF
My Bike: Yamaha R1

Removing carbs

Post by Paul RF »

Hi all,
this is going to sound like a stupid question I know, but when removing carbs and undoing the clamps round the inlets, do they need to come right off? Everything else is disconnected, iv'e loosened the clamps and tried lifting the carbs off, but while they move a little they will not come off. I have checked the manual and can't see anything ive missed, also it doesn't say they need to come right off.
Are they usually really tight?
I don't want to break anything. confuddled
Paul
Dominik
My Bike: Zxr 400 L3

Re: Removing carbs

Post by Dominik »

It is pretty hard to remove them but if you undid the clamps properly you shouldn´t have a problem. Just tilt them backwards and the carbs will plop out.

Otherwise you could remove the whole inlets. However it´s pain in the ass to remove the bolts with carbs on them :D
Zxr 400 SL - 130kg
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

The rubber inlets do not need to come off, just loosen the clamps and work the carbs free. They could be stiff if they haven't been off in awhile
Paul RF

Post by Paul RF »

Thanks guys, at least I know they are stiff so know what I'm up against before I break something. Yes the clamps are definitely undone and loose.
It did start rocking them back and forth but didn't seem to be lifting at all. Will give it another go.
I won't undo the inlet bolts as they look like a pain with carbs there, sod that lol.
biggrin
Paul RF

Post by Paul RF »

Dominik wrote:It is pretty hard to remove them but if you undid the clamps properly you shouldn´t have a problem. Just tilt them backwards and the carbs will plop out.

Otherwise you could remove the whole inlets. However it´s pain in the ass to remove the bolts with carbs on them :D
It's easy when you know how eh, thanks for that Dominik :excited