KNOCKHILL REVERSE MEETINGS

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

chaz34
My Bike: vfr750fs /zxr400l1 zx7r

KNOCKHILL REVERSE MEETINGS

Post by chaz34 »

done my first 2 meetings at knockhill june 7th and aug 2nd really enjoyed it , my lap times for the first meeting was 1m 12 but had the wrong gearing
was running 14/47 didnt have along enough chain to run 14/50. Denis hobbs took me round for 2 laps in the car giveing me a few tips, braking points and right lines for the corners etc,etc so a big thankyou to him . I did my practise with the 125s and then did my 4 races later on in the day,, but will have to work on my fitness ,felt the aches and pains next day sometimes i forget that im 50.
The 2nd aug meeting i was running the 14/50 gearing and that made a big differance ,was able to keep up with the rest of tailenders did get in front of 1 or2 for a few laps but a few silly mistakes let them through again finishing last again in all 3 races,was able to knock 4 seconds of my lap time now doing 1m08 which im happy with will try to knock a few more off at the next knockhill meeting in sept as im getting more used to the bikes set up and handleing i.e need to attack the corners with more speed ,stuart hamilton,ashley robson,gillian mcgaw make it look easy when they go flying past me but im learning all the time and enjoying it big time aswell a big smile at the end of the day when i get my novice license signed.

Anybody on this site entering the next meeting at east fortune as im hoping to enter that one just depends on work and also the e/fortune meeting in oct
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

Re: KNOCKHILL REVERSE MEETINGS

Post by 400y »

Some of the lads that could answer the East Fortune question are off to the Manx now

give it a few weeks, if no-one else gives you an answer
:smt001
Tricky
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by Tricky »

great write-up, well done. biggrin
chaz34

Post by chaz34 »

me getting ready for first race at knockhill ,standard engine scorpian exhaust system k+n filter im sure this bike belonged to a member on this site andyjak ?

lbum][/album]
oie_25114544PtL8SXJhttp://zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400oc/download/file.php?mode=view&id=4124a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaz34

Post by chaz34 »

11892327_393590567500967_6561345431119774669_o.jpg
reverse meeting at knockhill in august
My entry is in for 26/27 sept hope to knock a few seconds off a lap ,clockwise meeting :excited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lucky Eddy
My Bike: zxr400L4

Post by Lucky Eddy »

Hi Chaz..cheers for the name check (Stuart). Great to see more 400 racers in the mix so welcome to the grid. I run 14/49 but really is down to personal preference as others run 48s or 50s. Need to get yourself down to EF next year..great circuit!

If you want to meet up with myself and Lee (Ashley's Dad) for a blether about the ZXRs we have unit at Craigo we are at most weekends.
chaz34

Post by chaz34 »

Hi lucky eddy thanks for the offer will give you a shout some weekend ,will be doing a few more meetings next year and will be a bit more organized as well just been a bit to busy with work. This year was just about getting used to the bike and tyres and improving my lap times but the sept meeting just couldnt get into a rythmn at all .Should have my other zxr ready for next season radial front end nitron rear shock rmkd tuned engine ,just needing more track time will have to do a few trackdays to get the lap times down or do a niall Mckenzie trackday to get a few tips on how to go quicker. Also congratulations on winning the kmsc f400 title
Lucky Eddy
My Bike: zxr400L4

Post by Lucky Eddy »

Cheers Chaz, won it by accident more than skill basically because Wee Gillian was unlucky enough to crash out 1st meeting and then break down. Also won the NEMRC with the same strategy lol..to win it youve got to finish :-)

Sounds like a decent spec bike you have there. Roger builds a good engine but make sure that it is properly set up on the dyno. Bob Scott at Glenrothes is the nearest I know of. Best thing I did was get my engine tuned and set up by the tuner..what a difference and the penny dropped that Id just wasted a whole season with a poorly set up bike.

I plan to get my bike refreshed again by NMTuning in Ireland, so if you are interested I could pass on his details. We usually share costs wih ferries etc so another bike would split the costs even more. Worth every penny!