Which rad with BDK ram air box?

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

hollingsbee#54
My Bike: tomos moped

Which rad with BDK ram air box?

Post by hollingsbee#54 »

I've just had a bdk ram air box fitted to my zxr. The problem im having is that as ive had to move the rad and oil cooler down to allow for it but the fairing will now not fit without cutting holes out. Does anyone know if theres a smaller rad I can use so I dont have to mess about with the fairing? Cheers, Rob
Rob Hollingsbee Superbike 400
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Ballsout Racing »

Rob

I've seen these, some people have 'crushed' the top of the rad so that you don't have to drop it so much. The inlet is smaller than the BB plastics kit box so it does work. Alternatively cut a hole in the rad and fit the box through it, as you have to do with the BB box.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

I've got a ram airbox with a inlet that goes over the top of the radiator.
I've cut a gap in the rad to allow the inlet through.

It is possible to just remove the very top of the rad without cutting into where there's water and fit little brackets to lower the rad a little. But this makes it tricky to get the oil cooler mounted.

I've just bought a rad thats smaller than the stock one that will make the job much neater looking. The new rad is from a KTM model of some kind. I'll not actually have it untill Saturday but will try and find out exactly what model it's from then
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

Ouch I bet that cost you (bdk ram air box)
Dave at http://www.hcracetech.co.uk/ does a ram ir box & fairing to suit, no good to you in this situation, but he does a standard ZXR400 fairing but it has bulges to allow the rad & oil cooler to be lowered, just what you are looking for. :smt002

Chris.