Killalane Road Races

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

Killalane Road Races

Post by 400y »

Killalane Road Races cancelled 'due to breakdown in relations' Action from last year's Killalane Road Races near Dublin. Action from last year's Killalane Road Races near Dublin. Kyle White Email This year’s Killalane Road Races in north Co Dublin have been cancelled.

A statement issued by the Loughshinny Motorcycle Club on Thursday said a breakdown in relations with the sport’s governing body in the Republic of Ireland, Motor Cycling Ireland (MCI), had led to the decision not to run the meeting, which was due to take place on September 11.

The statement said: “Loughshinny Motor Cycle Supporters Club Ltd held an open meeting last on Tuesday, August 2, to discuss the future of the Killalane Road Races. “The club have come to the sad decision because of a breakdown in relations with Motor Cycling Ireland not to run our Killalane Road Race. “We are very upset to be put in this untenable position, but we feel there is no option but to cancel the event. This problem has been ongoing all year, and while we have strived to keep road racing going by organising two events each year, it is impossible for the club and its members to work under these conditions. “We would like to apologise to all riders and race fans, and especially our long term sponsors, who have agreed with our decision.” The Country Crest-backed Killalane meeting was due to be the final Irish National road race of 2016.

Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/killal ... -1-7511586

https://www.facebook.com/loughshinnymcs ... shinnymcsc

Loughshinny Motorcycle Supporters Club
23 hrs ·

Loughshinny Motor Cycle Supporters Club Ltd, held and open meeting last Tuesday 2nd August to discuss the future of the Killalane Road Races.

The club have come to the sad decision because of a breakdown in relations with Motor Cycling Ireland not to run our Killalane Road Race.
We are very upset to be put in this untenable position, but we feel there is no option but to cancel the event.

This problem has been ongoing all year, and while we have strived to keep road racing going by organising two events each year, it is impossible for the club and its members to work under these conditions.

We would like to apologise to all riders and race fans, and especially our long term sponsors, who have agreed with our decision.
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: Killalane Road Races

Post by 400y »

Now rumours it could still go ahead.
Only in Ireland......... It's off,...it's on....it's off..etc

I'm only posting this as I know there r some riders on this forum who come to this
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

Thanks for that Yvonne.
Typically I'd booked my ferry day before this was announced.
I only have a couple of days for confirmation or I lose half my ferry fare, will lose over £100 as it is if cancel now.
I'll be honest and don't think I will be there as seems too much of a gamble with this amount of uncertainty
Cheers Stuart
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

Possibly back on again. A new club has been formed.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/killa ... -1-7521228

STATEMENT KILLALANE 2016...

Killalane Road Races are on. They will be run on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th of September. A new club is formed to run this event. It is called ' Killalane Road Racing Club '
This is a motorcycling ireland event with the support from killalane road racing club. Already we have a huge positive response. The meetings to run this event will be held in The Yacht bar Loughshinny at 8:30 on every Monday leading up to the races. We will need your support.
Road closing times are as follows:
Saturday practice 1300hrs to 1900hrs
Sunday race 10:30hrs to 1900 hrs
If you wish to contact us you can message us on Facebuck (Killalane Road Racing Club) or email us at info.killalane@gmail.com
Secretary.killalane@gmail.com
We would welcome and appreciate your support
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

and its OFF again

Killalane road racing club
1 hr ·

*OFFICIAL STATEMENT*

Killalane road racing club wishes to inform you that killalane road race , due to take place on the 10th & 11th of September will not be running due to the insufficient time period available.
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

Thats a real shame.
I had spoken to Susan at Loughshinny, and she thought that they would be pushing it to get it running.
So I did cancel my ferry yesterday, looks like it was a wise move.
Still, plenty of time for them to change their minds?
Shame my road season finished in mid July, better get on with building my mini twin for some short circuit outings.
Cheers
Stuart