Zxr400 race bike decision

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Smhdyno
My Bike: Nc29

Zxr400 race bike decision

Post by Smhdyno »

Afternoon guys I'm thinking of ridding my SV and buying a zxr400
Which is the best model H or the L
And what's the best mods
I do have my own Dyno so Dyno time is not an issue
If anybody wants an SV I'd do a deal against a ZXR
DAClark89
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Zxr400 race bike decision

Post by DAClark89 »

They can both be as good as each other, it just depends on how much money you spend on the engine

there's loads of different spec race bikes out there, between 70-80HP
its the same for suspension, you can do all sorts to them, just depends how much money you wanna spend

if a good deal comes up on one, go for it no matter which model it is....best to get one that's already a race or track bike, because the work to make it competitive costs a lot more than the cost of buying the base bike.
Smhdyno
My Bike: Nc29

Post by Smhdyno »

Thanks for that
tuckshop1
My Bike: ZXR400 L/CBR 400 NC29

Post by tuckshop1 »

H AND L both have the same engine. Personally i'd go for an L model as the parts are a little easier to find (Although most are interchangeable) The L was produced for far longer so there will be a few more about.

As DA said its all about how much you want to spend, a good suspension set up is always a good place to start. Cheapish mods would be a good exhaust systems I.E Micron or if comes comes up cheap enough a Beet systems. And a ram air set up is handy, with you having a dyno that'll be easy to set up.

Fortunately my L model came with a RMKD ported and skimmed head and a Nitron shock so i was already half way there i just had to ride the thing without crashing!

Have a good look around before jumping at buying one, a good spares package is always worth spending a little more on.