suspension tweeks

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

fu77ier

suspension tweeks

Post by fu77ier »

Well just starting riding my new bike and am loving it got me knee down for the first time tonight which was nice.

I was planning on doing some track days on it and was wanting know what suspension mods people have down to improve handling . I read somewhere that people have run zx6r rear shocks can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is true and worth doing or is the best option to fork out big bucks for an after market one.

I know its a complicated area to play with so preferable would want someone to set the bike up for me but dont know where to go.

Anyway any advice appreciated
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

look to your left <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
fu77ier

Post by fu77ier »

thanks alot great info there
icklelea
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by icklelea »

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there fu77ier??!
richard_ha

Post by richard_ha »

I doubt it was sarcasm, have you seen this? ...
http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/index.php?pid=4
icklelea

Post by icklelea »

Fu77ier maybe you need to not be rude to the forum members and then they may be more willing to help you!! :smt001
fu77ier

Post by fu77ier »

Hi guys better watch how i say stuff on here !

No Sarcasm or mal intent implied what so ever i just felt a bit of tit to be honest with not having seen it before having asked the question.

The info on there is endless and a bit over my head i was thinking of getting the bike set up proffesional one day with maybezx6r rear shock to give it some adjustment. dont see the point of spending £400+ on a ohlins .
JERIATRIC RACER

Post by JERIATRIC RACER »

OK HERES THE 1ST DAFT QUESTION :smt017 MASTEROFINSANITY SAYS LOOK LEFT BUT ALL I GOT IS HIS AVATAR AND NAME HAVE I MISSED SOMETHIN?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

yeah, there used to be a menu at the left of the forum but we ditched it cos of problems, there was a suspension guide in the menu which has now been moved to the workshop section on the main site.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.