General race L3 prep

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Alaska
My Bike: Zxr400L L3

General race L3 prep

Post by Alaska »

Hi chaps, quick update with preparation for this season racing, preston/ district and antree with a few track days.
Zxr400L3, stock engine for this season
Ordered ram air box from AMS, (SIX WEEK DELIVERY, SHOULD HAVE ORDERED EARLIER, my fault) Will try 115 jets , std pilot 3 turns out on dyno and see how I get on.
Std front forks with correct spings for my weight, 7.5 oil, 10mm less air gap
Wilbur rear shock, fantastic bit of kit, totally recommend, a little expensive but worth every penny
Rain light
Beet rear sets
Exhaust headers micron, link and can made by MTC exhaust based in ormskirt (Martin great lad, very helpful)
SC2 rear SC1 front
Pretech six pot caliper with performance friction pads, std rear. Any body have the bracket to mod the rear caliper to on top.
Will keep you posted

Based Near Wigan, anyone build their own wiring loom would like to pick your brains and meet up if you don't mind, I will travel to discuss before I start
(my only worry! if Im not here don't sell my toys for the price I told the wife I paid)