ZXR 499 BATTERY CHOICE

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Davidlenton
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

ZXR 499 BATTERY CHOICE

Post by Davidlenton »

Hi can any one recommend a battery for full power zxr 400 with total loss (and amp hour rating) . I am advised a lithium might not always retain cranking power for a full race weekend (3 days, without recharging) where as acid will. Any one with experience of them on a zxr 400??? Cheers Dave
Blunty
My Bike: ZXR400

Re: ZXR 499 BATTERY CHOICE

Post by Blunty »

We are preparing a ZXR400 for the 2024 Manx GP and are planning to use a new 9aH lead acid battery fitted to the bike and another "starter" battery plugged in via an Anderson Connector for initial start up. I'm fairly sure that this will allow 2 hours of operation but until the bike is re-assembled I won't be able to measure the current consumption.
FastFred
My Bike: ZXR400 L

Post by FastFred »

Thanks for this Blunty. I've just starting going through a ZXR400 that I will race in the Manx. I haven't got to to the engine yet but its a high spec motor from the dyno results. I suspect it's total loss and will get around to that in few weeks but I'll be interested to learn how long that 9ah battery lasts. 🙂
FastFred
My Bike: ZXR400 L

Post by FastFred »

Thanks for this Blunty. I've just starting going through a ZXR400 that I will race in the Manx. I haven't got to to the engine yet but its a high spec motor from the dyno results. I suspect it's total loss and will get around to that in few weeks but I'll be interested to learn how long that 9ah battery lasts. 🙂