HC Racetech, never again.

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

anteater

HC Racetech, never again.

Post by anteater »

I wouldn’t normally do this, 99 times out of 100 I’d talk to the company involved and talk sensibly about it, however I’ve had a crappy weekend and I’m really really pissed of about the quality of the products I’ve received from HC Ractech.

I’ve raced bikes on/ off for a long time now and this is the worst service I’ve had in many years.

First of all when your promised delivery in 2/3 weeks 5 weeks is a bit of a piss take, especially as its really knackered up my race prep, I’ve a hectic and pressurised day job, spend a lot of time commuting between Edinburgh and London and don’t have time to flaff around, I now have one week to finish this bike including dyno and / set up time and do not have spare time in my diary to get it to the dyno shop. Thanks for that.

The quality is way below what I expected for £400 a few sample photos below;

Ramair box

Layered carbon, with a various places where the top coat is burst and flaking
you cant see it very well from the pictures but I don’t fancy bits of airbox peeling off and going into my carbs.

The airbox comes without holes for the carb bank to pass air through to the head, there is some markings to drill and cut, but guess what…….., they are not correctly lined up, so you have to best guess the cutting and drilling to match up and it doesn’t. Dunno if you’ve tried to drill layered carbon before, not nice it can split badly.

Got away with to be honest, but not easy, surprise surprise there’s no mention of having to do this in anywhere in the sales info or instructions sheet.

Filling the airbox, is there a COSHH sheet to indicate what sort of shite I’m breathing in? Err, no.

Mudguard
The filler isn’t even, up and down like a whores knickers on a Saturday night. The glass fibre is split in two places

at the back it isn’t even finished, how rough is this that?

N0 way in hell is that mudguard going on one of my bikes.

Top Fairing
The ram air hole is supposed to be a rectangle!!! Laugh, I nearly burst out in grown up tears……

Lower Fairing,
Almost a good bit of kit – but have a look at the screw hole, and tell me how long that’s going to last supported by loose fibres only…

And finally the tail unit with under tray…..

Nice fit!! …Not

Generally the mouldings have lots of imperfections and excess bits stuck on which need rubbed down, all I can assume is its been a rush job, with no thought put into making it comply with any sort of quality standard and no pride taken in the job.

Needless to say I wont be using HC Racetech again.

Ever.

Pissed off and thoroughly stressed out now at getting this bike finished in time to race having paid £165 for my entry.

Thanks again.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

Well ive posted loads of times on the air boxes with BB plastics and it is more but that has answered the questions again

http://www.bbplastics.co.uk for fairing and ram air systems

Sorry mate hope you get it sorted by the time you race must say it doesnt look good and i would be ripping my hair out if that came to my front door

Ring them and see what they will do to make things right

Worst i have ever seen on every item i must say
BigNinjaDave
My Bike: ZXR636, ZXR400

Post by BigNinjaDave »

Very sad to see them sending out such poor quality parts.

Will be interesting to see if they manage to redeem themselves by putting everything right in double quick time
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

get yourself to traiding standards mucka..... £400 notes aint cheap an you cant let them get away with that scot free, if you dont make the race either i recon they should be held responsible for the cost of the entry to.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
anteater

Post by anteater »

spoke briefly to the company today, they admitted there was a shortfall in the quality of the items and comitted to replacment parts.

As I'm not a complete b'stard I'll roll with it and give them a chance to rectify it.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Thats more than what i would give them mate i.e what do you get for bein put out, discound a free part or somethin. at least they are gona put the problem THEY created right. i havin some trouble with one of these mobile phone companies at the moment its a pain in the butt indeed.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things