BMCRC Ediasia Formula 400 Championship announcement

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

BMCRC Ediasia Formula 400 Championship announcement

Post by Ballsout Racing »

Taken from Motoforum here: http://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=24321

Fantastic news in my opinion. Huge thanks to John aka Twsitgrip of Ediasia for yet another very generous sponsorship deal for the sport and the 400 class :smt023 :smt040
:smt003
I am pleased to announce that, through my HK Company EDIasia, I am sponsoring the BMCRC EDIasia Formula 400 Championship in 2008.

As you know we have, amongst other things, sponsored Greville Ball, Phil Polden & Shaun Gilbert plus we are the official shirt sponsor to Big Bird !!

There will be a prize fund of 6000 Pounds for the Championship BUT ... as most of you would expect from me ... there are some interesting "twists".

Read the following and spread the word - we want full 400 Grids in 2008 !!

Needless to say there will some other innovations for competitors in the Championship - look out for all the gear and maybe a dolly bird or three

Safe racing everybody

John

Major Sponsorship for the 2008 BMCRC EDIasia Formula 400 Championship

The British Motorcycle Racing Club is pleased to announce that Hong Kong software company EDIasia Limited is providing major sponsorship for the recently announced 2008 Formula 400 Championship.

The 2008 BMCRC EDIasia Formula 400 Championship will be competed for over 40 races at 10 meetings from March to October held at various tracks including Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Snetterton and Donington.

With a prize fund totalling 6,000 Pounds it is hoped that more club racers will want to take part in this exciting class that has been revamped to make the regulations simpler to understand whilst promoting full grids and close racing.

Welcoming the involvement of EDIasia, Mike Dommett, CEO of BMCRC said “EDIasia’s sponsorship is innovative and will definitely attract more racers to choose the Formula 400 class in 2008”.

EDIasia President John Sanders said “We wanted to do something that will not simply reward the front runner but will encourage everybody to challenge to get onto the podium”.

The prize fund will be split into three “stage” pots each of 1,750 Pounds. What is different though is that for the first two stage prizes the rider who is third in the Championship will receive the largest share - 1,000 Pounds - with 500 Pounds going to the second placed rider and 250 Pounds to the leader.

These reverse prizes will be awarded to the points leaders after Saturday’s racing at the fifth and eighth rounds of the Championship.

At the end of the season the prize fund will revert to the more usual order with the EDIasia Formula 400 Champion receiving 1,000 Pounds, the Runner Up 500 Pounds and the Third Placed rider 250 Pounds.

Plus there will be a special award of 75 Pounds to the Rookie Racer who has the fastest lap at each of the season’s 10 BMCRC EDIasia Formula 400 Championship meetings.

To encourage riders to invest their winnings into their racing all prizes will be awarded as vouchers to be spent at long time BMCRC supporting supplier A&R Racing where they can be used for tyres or any of the thousands of other racing needs that can be bought from owner Alan Russell - himself a very successful 400cc racer.

John Sanders has been following motorcycle racing since 1963 as both a spectator and a photo journalist. As well as running EDIasia John is also responsible for Asia’s pioneering English language motorcycle sport eZine - asianmoto.com

John was introduced into sponsoring motorcycle racing by Adopt-a-Racer in 2003 and, using his various business interests, he has continued to support club racing since then. He has always been a supporter of the BMCRC 400cc class in its various guises most notably through his sponsorship, by EDIasia, of 2006 Champion Greville Ball and perennial campaigner and regular top finisher Phil Polden.

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: BMCRC Ediasia Formula 400 Championship announcement

Post by masterofinsanity »

bloody impressive, well done all!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Some more information from Twisgrip here: http://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=24379
I am really pleased with the general reaction to the ideas of the EDIasia Formula 400 Championship .... thanks to everyone.

But I am not finished yet.

The EDIasia Formula 400 Championship is gonna be fun - we're gonna make those YPMers look like the bunch of has beens that they are

Who'd wanna race a banana when you can race against real bikes ?

Fairly soon now I am going to ask people to register an INTEREST in taking part - not a committment, just an interest, so that we can start looking at wasy of increasing the fun, increasing the grids, increasing the exposure for your sponsors and increasing the prizes available to competitors. There will be a special prizes for early registrations that end up as entrants - and maybe one or three consolation prizes.

We have a logo:

This will of course be available on stickers and patches with special "spot prizes" during the season for riders wearing the patches on their leathers or bikes with the stickers on (they will plenty SMALL enough not to detract from your important sponsors' logos).

There are gonna be T-shirts - see some of the initial design suggestions below:

Front

Back

Prize Fund Challenge ?

Reference of course to the new 2008 F400 Regulations !

Just trying to wake up those YPMers !

There will be plenty of T-Shirts for everyone !!

If there are any other slogan suggestions I am all ears

There will OF COURSE be a prize for the best suggestion .... or maybe more than one.

Who's gonna join the EFFF Class in 2008 ?

EFFF = EDIasia Formula Fourhundred Fun
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

The series now has it's own website where you can keep up to date with the riders, results and race reports:

BMCRC EDIasia FORMULA 400 CHAMPIONSHIP