Knockhill Proddy 400 - costs????

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Jack O Byte

Knockhill Proddy 400 - costs????

Post by Jack O Byte »

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to find out how much a full season at Knockhill (and E/Fortune) would be expected to be in Proddy 400. Obviously crashing will never happen, so don't worry about including that cost :smt018 .

Also, does anyone know how much it would cost to take a road bike and convert it to top spec (LEGALLY!), rather than buying a race ready bike? I'm not sure which route is best to go down.

Cheers,
J
murray#36

Re: Knockhill Proddy 400 - costs????

Post by murray#36 »

Hi Jack o byte.
If i were you, buy a race bike as everything is done for you an its ready to go. An there cheaper.
Road bikes are cost a bit to convert. body work, steering dampers. gearing.

Just spend what you can when you can. Entries at east fortune are £180 for the week end this year. x5 [1st price is £180]
The knockhill championship is £130 per meeting this year. x6 [1st price is £120] The tyres you run in this championship are very hard wearing. An when i did it they were £140 a set. An will last you a hole season. If you feel the need to change them half way through you can. An theres a pair up for grabs at every round.

You'll need £20 for fuel for your bike...If you have a Genny, You'll need a £10 for that.
Maybe £20- £30 for fuel to get to a meeting. An an oil an filter every meeting would be wise.
You'll maybe need 2 maybe 3 sets of brake pads. An a chain will last you all season.
Dont get roped into buying stuff that you dont need. Like the latest paint jobs...or leathers, gloves helmets etc.

Hope this is a help. #36