Race & track day fairings & Ram Air kit

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

chris4356uk
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by chris4356uk »

carlfzxr wrote:did we ever find out how well the ram air kit works?

Works fine Carl, gives big boost to mid range & top end, allowed Jon Evans, using a bog standard engine to get down to 1min 44s at his first ever race meeting at Cadwell, followed the following weekend by 1min 23 at Donnington, the first time he had been there. ( both meetings with Derby Phoenix), next meeting is Snetterton in a fortnight.

Chris.
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

never got it fited in time for track day on saturday due to a problem that could catch you out. If you have an L1 or L2, the inlet rubbers are shorter and consequently the carbs sit too close to the bottom af the airbox. Not a problem in itself, but the cable cam hits the bottom after about 3degrees of turning and the carbs won't open.

solution is to buy L3 onwards inlet rubbers and o rings.

Also, I fitted the coils in the seat hump with VERY long HT leads. There is no problem. It looks much neater than sticking them under the clocks. Thar sort of thing keeps me awake at night.
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

Sorry to hear that Richie, was not aware of that problem, drop Dave an email with the problem & your recomendation to solve it, hope all goes well when you get it sorted.

Chris.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

On the H model the bb. plastics air box fits like a glove and the coils can be housed nearly in the same place

The rubbers have to be changed on all models like you say but the person selling the air box should have told you that

Least you got it sorted mate

I pm them on prices for fairings and etc and got no joy never mind
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

sloweracing wrote:On the H model the bb. plastics air box fits like a glove and the coils can be housed nearly in the same place

The rubbers have to be changed on all models like you say but the person selling the air box should have told you that

Least you got it sorted mate

I pm them on prices for fairings and etc and got no joy never mind

Answers to both problems/queries

1, You can choose to have the return throttle cable , but you must use L3 onward rubbers or as all racers do remove the return cable & that part of the return throttle cable cam & all models fit. remember this unit is for primerily for racers.

2, H model fairings & modified ram air box in production, you can not give a price for something that is not yet available. Also the H.C.Racetech airbox has the largest volume of any airbox on the UK market, the more air you got, the easier it is to breath.

Hope that answers your questions, Oh, & H model prices will be posted as soon as available.

Chris.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

I thought i might have recieved a email back stating that they where not on the market yet

Im looking for a zxr 400 H model seat unit and undertray

Got bored now with the CBR 600RR seat unit now looking for a better unit to fit

Cheers
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

sloweracing wrote:I thought i might have recieved a email back stating that they where not on the market yet

Im looking for a zxr 400 H model seat unit and undertray

Cheers
True, it would have been better that you were told they were not yet available, but I will let you know as soon as Dave has made the moulds etc.

Chris.
rmkd177

Post by rmkd177 »

What a load of 'rubbish' you talk Chris! "the largest volume of any air box on the uk market" ive been making various airboxes since 2000 and my original airbox was based on a QB R1 design ( the daddies when it comes to aftermarket airboxes) and that was capable of feeding a 170bhp R1! As for good "midrange" ?? ram air is a speed issue...and we have done extensive test on ram airboxes for the zxr 400 on one of the best dyno,s in the country ...if not the best! Hobbsport racing. And... have found ram air only has significant effect from 70mph onwards,so midrange in which gear?? Hobbsports dyno has fans geared from the rear drum on the dyno and can blow up to 180mph so carburation is perfect when Mark has set it up.Lets have some proper bhp figures from a proper wind fed dyno!! As for Simons enquiry about parts for his H2 surely if the lad is interested enough to ask for a price...they could have at the very least replied. By the way Mike Saunders has just taken the Darley Moor f400 race record using our designed airboxes...Leo Aldersley previously held it on his bdk yamaha...a very good rider on a very quick bike. So we cant be doing much wrong..
R.Middleton
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

I only looking for a new seat unit with undertray for my H2 model race bike :smt003

Ha Roger send your lads to do Bemsee would be good to see your bikes running around to compare with mine

A air box is a air box in my mind im not far from the rest of the Bemsee boys power wise so its good enough for me i reckon i could ride harder

But ha thats another story

All good fun

Still havent split a box open yet Roger not sure if we are going racing any more or not yet just a money thing 5 years of racing might need a year out :smt017

Well theres more time in a rider than a Engine :smt003 well thats what i keep getting told :smt003

http://www.sloweracing.co.uk