Race & track day fairings & Ram Air kit

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

chris4356uk
My Bike: tomos moped

Race & track day fairings & Ram Air kit

Post by chris4356uk »

Have helped to build a ram air kit & adapted fairing kit fo Race ZXR400's.
Check out the New Products page on,

http://www.hcracetech.co.uk/1102/frames.php

Give Dave a ring, prices are Good & he gives no Bullshit, all his fairings are reinforced with carbon fibre at all Joining & Mounting points.

Chris.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Does all this fit the H model and what is the cost of just fairings

Full fairing and seat unit would be good i pay £190 delivered can he beat that do you know

Cheers very interested if he can

Post by Guest »

Fairing & ram air kit to fit later ZXR400L, unable to answer if it will fit H model.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Sent them email

Cheers
il4
My Bike: ZXR400L7

Post by il4 »

I juz went thru the site, and saw a familiar name, Chris Pullen.

Whatever happened to him? I dun see his name appear anywhere else anymore.
richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

i bought a ramair kit from here, and am just fitting it.

i want to put the coils in th seat hump, but this will make the ht leads rather long.

is this likely to be a prooblem?
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

il4 wrote:I juz went thru the site, and saw a familiar name, Chris Pullen.

You have me at a disadvantage here, as I do not recognise you by your board name???

Chris.
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

richie400ss wrote:i bought a ramair kit from here, and am just fitting it.

i want to put the coils in th seat hump, but this will make the ht leads rather long.

Hi Richie,
Mount your coils on the front clock/fairing stay, works very well & they are well protected & less cable to run. If I could work out how to add a pic from my computer I would add one from my old race bike.

Chris.[/img]
il4

Post by il4 »

chris4356uk wrote:

You have me at a disadvantage here, as I do not recognise you by your board name???

Chris.
LOL, bon jour Chris. My name is Mike, I came from the Delphi CBR400 forum. I'm a good buddy of Leow from Singapore. Back in the days when we were riding CBR, we constantly talk about you.

And I recall that I last heard that you sold the NC29, Race a ZXR400 and got injured, or something along the line, afterwhich I was hardly active and never heard about you anymore.

Glad that ya still ard.

Mike
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

il4 wrote:
chris4356uk wrote:

Chris.
LOL, bon jour Chris. My name is Mike, I came from the Delphi CBR400 forum. I'm a good buddy of Leow from Singapore. Back in the days when we were riding CBR, we constantly talk about you.

And I recall that I last heard that you sold the NC29, Race a ZXR400 and got injured, or something along the line, afterwhich I was hardly active and never heard about you anymore.

Glad that ya still ard.

Mike
Hi Mike,
How is Leow??, Yep had my leg broke back in April 2002 at Mallory Park in a F400 race on the ZXR, had gone to set up suspension, was in 5th place from 27th on the grid, on the last lap I got took out :smt013 , still have the pin & screws in my leg :smt009 so that was the end of racing for me, took over a year to heal propely, but as they say " that is racing" and at 47 years old bones take a long time to heal :smt009. am just helping a couple of young lads on ZXR400`s, just general setup etc,etc, but they are doing well.

Chris.
il4

Post by il4 »

chris4356uk wrote:
Hi Mike,
How is Leow??, Yep had my leg broke back in April 2002 at Mallory Park in a F400 race on the ZXR, had gone to set up suspension, was in 5th place from 27th on the grid, on the last lap I got took out :smt013 , still have the pin & screws in my leg :smt009 so that was the end of racing for me, took over a year to heal propely, but as they say " that is racing" and at 47 years old bones take a long time to heal :smt009. am just helping a couple of young lads on ZXR400`s, just general setup etc,etc, but they are doing well.

Chris.
Hi Chris,

Leow is doing fine, he no longer rides though. I let him know that you send your regards.

I am now on a ZXR400L7. I have it since 2002 after I totalled my NC23. I use the bike for track days in the local race track or trek up 300km up north to Sepang for sunday blast.

It will be great help if you can gimme some pointers.

Strange set up for a Track machine eh, the lights and blinkers are essential for me to get to the track without getting pull over by the cops :smt003

Cheers

Mike
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

Hi Mike
The main things i would do would be to drop one tooth on the gearbox sprocket, raise the rear of the bike by the use of the height adjuster above the rear shock & have you suspension set up at a suspension tuning shop, dynojet kit for the exhaust & get a set of track day fairings with light cut outs. Thats about it realy, hope thats of help.

Chris.
anteater

Post by anteater »

chris4356uk wrote:
richie400ss wrote:i bought a ramair kit from here, and am just fitting it.

Hi Richie,
Mount your coils on the front clock/fairing stay, works very well & they are well protected & less cable to run. If I could work out how to add a pic from my computer I would add one from my old race bike.

Chris.[/img]
I'm going for the full ram air / fairing kit from HC, that piccie would be useful - join http://www.photobucket.com make a gallery and use th eimage tag to embed the picture in your posts. :smt001
chris4356uk

Post by chris4356uk »

Hope this works

Chris.
carlfzxr

Post by carlfzxr »

did we ever find out how well the ram air kit works?