Classifieds - access and permissions question.

Having trouble logging in, posting pics etc etc then check out the how to's in here.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Classifieds - access and permissions question.

Post by Vard66 »

Hey Guys.

Just checking over the forum, as it's been a while since I've logged in.

Now, when I got to the classifieds section, and noticed it had gone, I skimmed the forum for something similar, and found 'Buying and selling on this forum'. However, trying to access this forum, I was told I didn't have permissions.

I went back up and read the announcement.

I see nothing about PMing for access, or in fact having to change anything, except unless you have active for sale threads (which I don't, so this is a moot point in my case).

So I switched back to the subsilver (I'm a Hestia Green man!) and looked. No wanted or for sale displayed, as before. Also as before, trying to navigate into the 'Buying and selling on this forum' subforum simply produced an incorrect permissions page.

Then I spotted the shopping cart logo at the top on the navigation bar. Clicked that and was taken to an active topics style overview of all for sales since I last visited.

I'm thinking possibly just something fugged up somewhere along the lines, that doesn't allow me direct access, but does allow bypassing it via the active topic type link to classifieds?

Surely it cannot be that I have been bad, Baz?

:smt087

After all, I've barely been here! ... *scratches beard* ... Unless that's my crime, and this my punishment?

O/T but still slightly relevant, very nice thinking on the feedback setup, I might have to bully you into coming onto MSN so I can have a natter with you about that. RT's feedback is currently being updated, but I don't think it's quite there, and that might be an idea.
Vard.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Classifieds - access and permissions question.

Post by masterofinsanity »

cheers for the hint mate i'll look into this i'll add it to my list of jobs.will try and catch you on msn later (when i fix my pc at home)

can you post a screenshot of the permissions error cheers
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

HTH.
Vard.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

try it now Vard
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

Access to the Buying & Selling forum is there, Baz, now.

However, when I click into 'PLEASE USE THE NEW CLASSIFIEDS FEATURE' thread, and then click the link provided, I'm getting a General Error page.

Oh, wait. Hestia Green, let me back out and try it on Prosilver.

OK, access to classifieds is good in Prosilver too, and from the link in that thread.

So, it's been separated completely from the forum's main page itself, into another almost secondary feature, Baz?
Vard.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

at the moment its only supported in prosilver, i am working on subsilver.

see here viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10732