Forum Etiquette

All new members please read the announcements in here before posting, i withold the right to delete any member or post not following guidelines set out in this forum, you have been warned!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Forum Etiquette

Post by masterofinsanity »

may i remind people this forum has rules see here
At all times:

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
there seems to be a lot of bitchiness appearing on the forum lately, this is not good for newcomers or regulars.

This forum has always been laid back maybe a bit too much but after all it is a free forum for all members to use and express their views, i have never had to ban or warn anyone on this forum and hopefully don't have to in the near future, just spare a thought for those of us that aren't as well experienced as others, one day they may well be.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Forum Etiquette

Post by RedexRobB »

Ive noticed this too, more so after being away for a few months, some unecessarily sarcastic replies being thrown about to some questions which isnt on.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

At all times:

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
Mods are here for a reason and they do a fantastic job, this forum wouldn't be what it is now without them!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

RedexRobB wrote:Ive noticed this too, more so after being away for a few months, some unecessarily sarcastic replies being thrown about to some questions which isnt on.
goodpost

Some people post up some ridiculous questions which they could either answer for themselves with a bit of searching, or aren't worth answering at all. OTOH there are clearly some inexperienced people coming on here for help with genuine queries - perhaps a bit obvious to those more experienced - who seem to be getting an extra butt torn into them from the off. I worry that this forum is going to lose new members if people feel afraid to speak up.

Whilst I can see that if someone can't be arsed to type something intelligible people might feel that they can't be arsed to answer, do we really need to be ripping into people just because their post wouldn't win the Booker Prize? It's not an grammar lovers' site, is it, it's a bike site?

There are idiots who don't deserve a lot of time, and there are genuine newbs who do. Let's try and sort the wheat from the caff dudes before we chew someone out, eh?
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I'm guilty of some sarcasim especially in the cases where someone has clearly made no effort whatsoever to help themselves. :smt013

By and large I ignore them :smt020 but sometimes it feels so good to just let rip a little................ oldman

And can we please try and do something about the first time posters who register and then demand answers.......................a hello would work wonders. oldman
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Tirpitz wrote:
RedexRobB wrote:Ive noticed this too, more so after being away for a few months, some unecessarily sarcastic replies being thrown about to some questions which isnt on.
goodpost

Some people post up some ridiculous questions which they could either answer for themselves with a bit of searching, or aren't worth answering at all. OTOH there are clearly some inexperienced people coming on here for help with genuine queries - perhaps a bit obvious to those more experienced - who seem to be getting an extra butt torn into them from the off. I worry that this forum is going to lose new members if people feel afraid to speak up.

Whilst I can see that if someone can't be arsed to type something intelligible people might feel that they can't be arsed to answer, do we really need to be ripping into people just because their post wouldn't win the Booker Prize? It's not an grammar lovers' site, is it, it's a bike site?

There are idiots who don't deserve a lot of time, and there are genuine newbs who do. Let's try and sort the wheat from the caff dudes before we chew someone out, eh?
Couldnt agree more, and its the point that loosing members that concerns me most. We pretty much are the only ZXR400 web forum and we shouldnt take that for granted. Some guy comes along and asks a question, gets ripped apart and has no other means to get his questions answered, hes then stuck between a problem he needs sorting and forum that knows the answer but thinks its too good to tell him. He also has to run the risk of going to a mechanic who's might rip him off. I dont think thats fair.

I like to think we have a good name and reputation, I say if no one wants to help then its best to stay quiet, otherwise it just ruins the experience not just for newcomers but also people who are established here, I see many posts where im reading further and further down and the replies are more and more ridiculous, and i think to myself this has gotten so stupid i dont think ill bother.

I quite agree with people introducing themselves before posting, pretty common forum courtesy, but like manners not everyone has them, so what you gonna do?

Rant over! :smt001
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Tirpitz »

RedexRobB wrote:

I quite agree with people introducing themselves before posting, pretty common forum courtesy, but like manners not everyone has them, so what you gonna do?
Maybe a good practice to start replying to these guys by saying "hi, why don't you introduce yourself, tells us a bit about your bike then we'll look at what we can do for you". The pig-ignorant ones probably won't bother, in which case individuals can decide for themselves whether or not to help. Anyone half decent who gets a friendly reply like that will say hello properly and we can take it from there?
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
Nitron Sport shock
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Done that twice in recent days

Both said they would post an intro..................only one did
And it was the Irishman.......................
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Tirpitz »

Guess we can ignore the non-poster then.

The Irishman would do it, you lot don't need a second invitation to start a conversation. Never met a quiet one yet. :smt003
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
Nitron Sport shock
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

cargo wrote:
And can we please try and do something about the first time posters who register and then demand answers.......................a hello would work wonders. oldman
i'm looking at a popup mod to get newcomers to post an intro before they start the cries for help.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

If you have no luck with the popup, how about a big massive banner under the main site banner, or a click through page (which noobs have to click on at every page change) with a pic of a kitten with a gun to it's head sporting the caption "You had better introduce yourself or the kitten gets it".

Once they had posted in the "intro yourself" section the banner/page would no longer be active.

Catch my drift?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
stephenglasgowzxr400
My Bike: ZXR 400 H2 1990

Post by stephenglasgowzxr400 »

After reading about forum etiquette as a newbe to forums and zxr400 I feel my first post although I got a fantastic response I was not aware from never using a forum what the rules were. maybe if we can just let newusers when they register that they need to say hello first before "crying out" for help. We are all here for the same thing a love of an amazing machine and engineering. Hope this hasn't ruffled anybodys feathers and thank you again to the people who replied. Also I Have now introduced myself

All the best
tink
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Post by tink »

i run my own forum and your always gonna get this but i meantion about the newbies section and post a link in the welcome PM, most of my members do it
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

It's just good manners to introduce yourself. Nothing more

Would you walk into a bar full of hairy arsed bikers and strat demanding that they all help you find the filler cap on your bike. Some how I doubt it yet so many arrive here and do exactly that or something like it.

Stupid questions from newbies who just wont make the effort to help themselves.............will always draw a poor reaction......................

Genuine questions from someone who has said hello and has tried to solve their problem and got stuck............will get help

good grief I'm off on a :rant again.

Off out to run 5K clear the head I need it I'm going dottty......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
mcmullen123
My Bike: zxr400

Post by mcmullen123 »

were all guilty of bein oppinionated... tough toad