New user registration

All new members please read the announcements in here before posting, i withold the right to delete any member or post not following guidelines set out in this forum, you have been warned!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: New user registration

Post by RedexRobB »

Any news on this, Baz? Im not using internet as much these days and everytime i check my emails ive loads of accounts to check, usually 50+, i was away on holiday this week and come back to over 100 and in all honesty i just delete the emails and be done with it, its just getting rediculous now.

Not sure if this is done already, but surely some sort of word verification can be added? Or at least some way of taking out the automation in the process?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

crazy ennit rob, really busy at the mo so not had chance to update the captcha, there is one in place at the mo but they are getting round it, unfortunately because you are admin also you get all the account registrations emailed to you, i am dealing with activating them so carry on deleting them.will try and get this sorted asap as its driving me up the wall too.

on another point if there is any spammers that i let through please drop me a PM so i can delete them.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

That last one that I banned and locked his thread was hard to spot MM even replied to his post.....................LOL

Clearly they are getting smarter if you are not picking them up before activating......................

This is a good data base that records known spammers just search with either the user name or IP or even email addy and if he's kown then you can delete.

http://www.stopforumspam.com/
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

cheers for the link Cargo, spotted a few on there straight away Barstewards!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

what we need is a online digital baseball bat to beat the living 5hit out of em with
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

cargo wrote:what we need is a online digital baseball bat to beat the living 5hit out of em with
Agreed !

It was the spam with ploughmans pickle that threw me BTW :smt002
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly