RPM 4-2-1 System

Got any videos of your zxr400, testing out end cans? making some noise? then post your vids in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

RPM 4-2-1 System

Post by Mori Man »

Been sitting in my cupboard for months , with it being a sunny day and the plastics off the bike currently I decided to get it hunted out and fittd :smt001

Was a bit tricky working out what headers went where as no marking on them but I got there, with the system fully assembled I slipped it under the lower cowl mounting and attached the can strap loosley then lifted the headers up and slotted them into place. A wee wrestle later and the nuts were on the studs and I was tightening the whole lot up.

Bike fired up no problems so off I went for a test ride. Instantly from the off a arked difference from the other systems I have used. Once bike was warmed up I started to give it some handfuls , low end and midrange grunt has totally changed and I short shifting blasting through traffic :smt003

Once out onto more open roads I let it rev right up , from low down upto about 8K it pulls strong then kinda tapers off a bit - not a dip but just stops that gut wrench feel but hey ho when it hits 11k it's off like a scolded cat again :smt004

OK, the FCR settings need fettled I can notice areas where a needle change/setting is needed and the mains feel to big.
From a 1st gear wind up it will rev all the way through to the redline through the gears. But roll ons at different rev's and gears shows it spluters a bit around the 5K mark and by the time it gets to 12k it's struggling. Wide open throttle in most gears was OK with top struggling. I'm sure most of this would iron out getting the carbs set-up for the pipe.

Coming back home again and entering city traffic was an utter hoot , I do love that low down grunt the 4-2-1 set-up gives :excited It is for sale as I can't be having four exhaust systems for the bike - well I can :smt003 But really when the next bike is built I only want to have the two.

Next will be the DIC when I find it again and I want to try the BEET again with the new FIII settings in the FCRs. Then I'll start all over again when I fit the Bito FCRs :smt005

IMG_8896.jpg
IMG_8900.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg

MM!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ancozxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 Track, FMX 650

Re: RPM 4-2-1 System

Post by ancozxr »

very nice.

:smt006
Racing for the fearless....!!!!

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Yes, very nice! :smt003
greenmachine
My Bike: kawasaki zxr250

Post by greenmachine »

that frame looks great how do you keep it looking that way, and love tthe exhaust wish it fits mine
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

greenmachine wrote:that frame looks great how do you keep it looking that way, and love tthe exhaust wish it fits mine
On occasion I either use Wakos metal polish or Autosol - haven't done the whole thing in a oner , just where dirt lies or a dead bug. Got some new soap for the polishing mops so at some point I want to go over the whole lot again.

It does get waxed when I am doing the rest of the bike though so doesn't oxidize as fast.

BTW , RPM do make a single can system fo your bike:

http://www.rpm421.com/seihin-joho-muffl ... xr250.html

http://beet.co.jp/kawasaki/zxr250r/index.html
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly