H manual rear suspension typo

This forum is for informative threads, if you feel a topic should be in here then let us know and we will move it.

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

H manual rear suspension typo

Post by KwakKwak »

Just noticed the H manual has it's L and M muddled up in reference to the rear suspension, shows M as locking agent and L as moly grease, oops, this could be rather awkward if one doesn't have their common sense switched on. I keep checking it in case I'm going mad, Mr Kawasaki does correct himself in the L manual. Although putting a locking agent where grease should be would be bloody stupid, if one was following the manual blindly this could be rather costly.
Could we make a thread with other manual typos etc, someone points a possible typo out, and one of our esteemed and knowledgable members confirms said manual error, I noticed CaNsA's fork correction post for example.
Apologies if this has been done and I've missed it.

I reckon the guy who designed the rear shock also wrote this part of the manual, he's starting to annoy me now. Naughty Mr Kawasaki :pmsl
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: H manual rear suspension typo

Post by ross46 »

Maybe thats why the rear suspension is so stiff, people have used locking agent instead of grease on the linkages :smt005
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: H manual rear suspension typo

Post by KwakKwak »

A non permanent locking agent might be the way to go :pmsl , I'm having loads of moly fun at present, very rewarding, spreading the love.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.