Fitting Restrictor Washers - Walkthrough.

This forum is for informative threads, if you feel a topic should be in here then let us know and we will move it.

Moderator: Moderators

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Fitting Restrictor Washers - Walkthrough.

Post by masterofinsanity »

think its usually about £200 to have em fitted but then you get the certificate to prove to your insurance co.

fyi there is a guy selling these certs on ebay lol
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jesta

Post by Jesta »

Ive never needed to prove that I had them in my bike (insurer is ebike) I dont have them as Im 2 years unrestricted license now, but the cert doesnt mean a whole lot if your stopped by the coppers, you can make your own and take it to a dyno run centre, get them to do a run, itll come back as 33bhp and thats all the proof you need. Source - my dad (26 years on the police force)
stug
My Bike: Yamaha R1

Post by stug »

Jesta wrote:Ive never needed to prove that I had them in my bike (insurer is ebike) I dont have them as Im 2 years unrestricted license now, but the cert doesnt mean a whole lot if your stopped by the coppers, you can make your own and take it to a dyno run centre, get them to do a run, itll come back as 33bhp and thats all the proof you need. Source - my dad (26 years on the police force)
Insurance companies don't need to know if its restricted cause its still the same bike, worth the same money, the same risk whether if its restricted or not.
The paperwork for the restriction just makes it easier if stopped by the police although the police do have the right to have the bike checked out.
James22391

Post by James22391 »

Hi there,

I m a bit new here (really new actually)

Just bought a ZXR 400 L1 and will be restricting it, I found your review very helpful but its got me worried.

I m looking at a set of plates on ebay at the moment that the guy says it for the zxr 400 but doesn't look the same as those in your photo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_949

My other question is probably a bit silly but what type of sealant did you use, silicone or something else?

Cheers James
extreme601
My Bike: 2004 Yamaha FZ6

Post by extreme601 »

A dealer would charge for one hour's labour. But I managed to fit mine myself and I'm terrible with anything mechanical :P
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello and welcome, well done for using the search function :smt023 If you use it again you will find another thread with the restrictor dimensions, if you fancy giving them a go making them yourself?

As for those ones in the link im not 100%, ones i have previously seen are more oval shaped and have holes at the longer ends for the inlet rubber bolts that go through. Youll see what i mean if you find the dimensions.

Here it is
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5599&p=54525&hilit ... ons#p54525
hudders
My Bike: zxr400

Post by hudders »

Thanks to the author of this thread, managed to do it today took me 2 hours, fiddly at the trumpet removal and refit stage but all good.
webjames
My Bike: ZXR400L9

Post by webjames »

Hi - just to say thanks to the author of this post, i used it to remove the restrictor kit from my bike, quite a difference!

thanks again - James
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Post by Vard66 »

Glad it's being of use, fellas - always like to see folks getting stuck in themselves.
Vard.