Swingarms from the different models

This forum is for informative threads, if you feel a topic should be in here then let us know and we will move it.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Swingarms from the different models

Post by Mori Man »

Today, I was mostly contemplating what swing arm to put on my bike :smt017

I have a H1 subframe arm :smt007

I have a H2 broad beam arm :smt004

But both use a different size spindle :smt017

Looking at the needle bearing they are identical across the H1 , H2 and L models but the L arm has a modification with an additional set of bearings.

So I measured up the two H arms and swapping the internals about you are able to make either one interchangeable.

I also have an L arm hidden some where and although I already believe it would be impossible to make it fit an H1 ( without having a reducing sleeve made to fit all the way through) it just might go into the H2 without problem.

If I go for the broad beam arm then i will more than likely go for the L model as there will have been a reason to give it extra bearings , probably to do with flex in bends. So more to follow !

You can see here the differences between the H1 and H2 arm, note the spindle tube is the same diameter and length as each other . All arms also use the same chain guard which is a bonus as i have a new one somewhere too :smt004 :smt001

ImageImageImage
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly