Bikes sat outside overnight!!!

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
UK II Kazawacky
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 400 L1

Bikes sat outside overnight!!!

Post by UK II Kazawacky »

Right, I'm not a very angry person, but one thing I saw today really got up my nose (5 points if you can guess what it was)

I was walking down a street on my way to work, one which I walk down quite regularly and have never seen a bike parked there, ever. I turned a corner and saw in the distance what looked like a Kawasaki ZZR600, on closer inspection it turned out to be a ZXR400 L4, but as I got closer to it, I noticed small icicles that had formed on the handlebars. This bike had quite obviiously been left out in -7 temperatures overnight with no cover and no lock! It had been raining last night too, so as I walked past I saw ice covering the mudguard, seats and dials, I was outraged! How can someone be so stupid?

I would've taken a photo but it's one of those streets where old people peer out of their laced curtains at passers by, and I didn't particularly feel like being arrested because some old biddy decides to call the police about a "young whippersnapper" being nosy...

I assume it was abandoned or something, but if I ever see that bike around with it's rider near-by, I may have to beat the shite out of him for being such a f**king pillock

:rant

Stupidity or Forgetfulness?
Man who lives in glass house should change clothes in basement.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Bikes sat outside overnight!!!

Post by RedexRobB »

Neither.

My bikes been left outside in the snow over the last week or so, mostly with the cover on, but it did get left for a few days without anything on it. Hasnt done anything mojor to it, started right on the button xmas eve wich was when i last fired it up, and expect it to do exactly the same first thing in the morning when i goto work.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

you having a giraffe ?

wtf is so wrong about leaving a bike outside ?

I didnt have a garage for the first ten years i was riding on the road.. all my bikes lived outside ... (without either covers or locks) when i lived in the alps our ZX-4 spent 3 months buried in 8 feet of snow ... when i finally dug it out (having been offered a place in the local underground carpark to keep it) I dusted the snow off, checked the fluids, fired her up and rode through the snow to its new home..

think about it ... you ride it when its cold and raining.. whats the difference ? its a fucking motorcycle not a puppy !
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have to agree with zimm here as i've had no shed/garage for the last 7 years so mines been sat out in all weathers with a shite pvc cover over it, at the mo its crammed into a shed so not soo bad now.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.