First Car Insurance/F*ck You, Your Family, And All Your Fami

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

First Car Insurance/F*ck You, Your Family, And All Your Fami

Post by Jamz »

Today I decided to get some rough quotes to insure me as a first time driver.

I used the links to search engines from www.moneysavingexpert.com (an invaluable resource for EVERYTHING if you're in the UK), filling in as many of my details as I could, and then sat back and waited for the quotes...

Now, bearing in mind that for a high-performance, 190mph superbike that I've ridden for 10 years I'm looking at £170 for fully comprehensive insurance, how much would you think an old 1 litre Fiat Uno worth around £300 will cost to insure?

If you guessed around SEVEN HUNDRED -ING POUNDS then you're right.

Yes, you read that right - £700!!! And that was for 3rd Party Fire & Theft - which is somehow cheaper than fully comp or 3rd Party Only?!?

Gee, I like you, Mr Insurance Man - you can come over to my house and fk my sister!

For £700 I could hire a -ing limo to take me to work every day over Winter, and sip on Champagne watching the world go by without being bent over and pounded in my balloon knot by you cvnts!

How about that?!

Tw@ts.

I hope to God none of them phone me up about the quotes. If they do I might try and record the conversation.

So fk all that for now - I'm just going to pass the test and then worry about it all. I know some bike insurance companies like Carole Nash let you use your No Claims Bonus on both car and bike, so that might be worth looking at. I'm sure there'll be some way of getting it down, anyway...

I can totally see why so many people don't bother getting any insurance and just risk it.
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: First Car Insurance/F*ck You, Your Family, And All Your Fami

Post by masterofinsanity »

lol, cos you're classed as a boy racer now mate, it aint much better when you have 10 years ncb, i'm paying £286 fully comp for my rover 216 cabriolet.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Try confused.com

I got my quote from elephant.co.uk insurance from them cant remember how much but cheapest by far

IMHO bike riders make much much safer car drivers as we have good awareness and observation skills.................we need em.
But insurance companies dont see it that way
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

cargo wrote: IMHO bike riders make much much safer car drivers as we have good awareness and observation skills.................we need em.
But insurance companies dont see it that way
Carole Nash do.

I know they let you use NCB from either on the other, but I'm not sure if that applies to new drivers. I shall have to find out...
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

twotakt
My Bike: L3

Post by twotakt »

I'm in the same situation as you, I've had my car license for over 2yrs but haven't bothered getting a car as any 1 litre old toad box is at least £700 to insure tpft for me. I was hoping it was going to go down but it hasn't really, I'll have to just bite the bullet soon I guess?
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Post by Vard66 »

Ha.

You think that's expensive?
Vard.
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L

Re: First Car Insurance/F*ck You, Your Family, And All Your

Post by RichD94 »

would love to only be paying £700 for my zxr, let alone a car!! Bike insurance for me with 1 year no claims, no crashes or points on my liscene.... £1100 and that was after haggaling like crazy. Crazy thing is, i put my dad on there who has at least 25 years ncd and it went up by £50 !?!!
hoddie
My Bike: In between bikes

Post by hoddie »

Your zxr400's insurance is that much?! I passed a couple of months ago and it costs me £574 3rd party fire and theft and would've cost me something like £800 fully comp, which is pointless in my eyes as I can either fix or get a friend to fix the bike for me (for free) if I crash and I have legal cover and replacement leathers and breakdown cover, so I'm practically fully comp, for a little bit extra.

Now car insurance is the real bitch! The new vw Up is the cheapest for me to insure myself on with my 43 year old mother and it comes to thee princely sum of £2000. Which is why i point blank refuse to get a car and will just ride at 15mph under the limit on ice...
RichD94
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L

Post by RichD94 »

Yea but how old are you? ive literally just turned 18 whihc is why its soo unreasonably high
dangerfield
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by dangerfield »

Car insurance is a big f*cking con, i can't even insure my car now so its on a classic/limited milage policy and costing me over £800 a year :smt013

On a positive note i've decided that since i pay such a lot i'm going to drive in a befitting manner ie like a dick. Never has the adage 'drive it like you stole it' been more apt :excited
beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400H2

Post by beermaker »

there's a young lad at work who's 18, has no NCB but a years driving experience on our works Landrovers. Bought a 1 litre 206 nd the cheapest quote is over £1400! Foor that money it'd be cheaper to drive uninsured and take a chance - the fine if you're caught is cheaper!
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

hoddie wrote:Your zxr400's insurance is that much?! I passed a couple of months ago and it costs me £574 3rd party fire and theft and would've cost me something like £800 fully comp, which is pointless in my eyes as I can either fix or get a friend to fix the bike for me (for free) if I crash and I have legal cover and replacement leathers and breakdown cover, so I'm practically fully comp, for a little bit extra.

If you do crash though, what about the cost of the replacement parts? Bear in mind I'm currently stuck in a massive civil case against a farmer who let is cow get onto a main road which I then hit and i was only 3rd pf&t. And I too have a mate who is kindly helping me put it back together but I'm currently out of pocket by over £1000 just on replacement parts and getting it jigged. Just something to think about as I'll never be riding with less than fully comp again considering it's probably going to be another year before this even gets to court and I can hopefully get some pennies to cover what I've spent so far.

Then there's legal costs... Case has been going on just over a year and we're already at £6500.

Worth saving 250 quid? No
beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400H2

Post by beermaker »

Good points made there Bendog. I have fully comp with business use cover for my gs500 and even with six points it was only £88. Now that i've been skittled off i'm glad of the extra cover.