Women Should Pay The Same Insurance As Men

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Women Should Pay The Same Insurance As Men

Post by Jamz »

Insurers cannot charge different premiums to men and women because of their gender, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12606610

I’ve long championed the view that I stole from Dub War: “Equal rights is for EVERYBODY!”

It’s why things like groups JUST for minorities (of whatever sort) piss me off. Not only are they segregating themselves, but they make everyone else who never thought of you as different/oppressed/whatever as being, well, different, oppressed or whatever. And probably makes some people hate you.

So this latest thing about insurance makes me laugh.

Women always say they want ‘equal rights’ as long as it actually means ‘in womens favour’. When it means ‘equal with men’ a whole shitstorm kicks up!

So you want it equal? Welcome to paying the same insurance costs as men!

It’s long been said that women are safer drivers than men. Men, especially younger men, are assumed to jump in a car and drive it as fast as possible until they crash and end up in a fireball, costing the insurance companies millions.

Well I call bullshit.

Whilst there are SOME men who drive like that, I know at least an equal number who drive very safely and conservatively. Conversely, I know a LOT of women who drive like spastics.

Sure, there ARE women who drive everywhere as quickly as possible, but I’m talking about the other kind of terrible drivers here…

For example, the ones who drive slowly because it’s ‘safer’ – even if it means doing 50mph on a motorway… Or the ones so nervous about driving they would probably die if they ever had to deviate from the three very precise routes they feel just about confident to drive on.

As a biker I see lots of poor driving on the roads. I’m not going to say it’s all by women – in fact in my honest opinion it’s probably a fairly equal split.

But when it comes to drivers not paying the slightest bit of attention, I have to say women take the crown.

I’ve never seen a man driving along whilst applying make-up. I don’t see men checking the mirrors every two minutes – not to look at other traffic, but to check their hair is still ok! I mean, for fucks sake you’re in a car! You’re not going to pull anyone, nobody gives a kippers dick what you look like, so what in the Holy Blue f*** are you doing

And you won’t see many mens cars around with glaring pink fluffy toad filling the interior, topped off with huge swinging fluffy dice, “Mrs Edward Cullen On Board” signs obscuring their blind spots, and Lord only knows what else!

Statistics my butt! Here’s your average statistic for safe women drivers – this car was driven by two young women happily chatting away doing around 50mph in the overtaking lane of a totally clear dual carriageway:

Maybe men crash at higher speed, bigger accidents, but if you’re telling me women don’t have more low-speed bumps due to not paying attention or just being a dick, I’ll challenge your claims all day long. Plus todays culture itself means many women are trying to imitate men with binge drinking and ‘ladette’ behavious etc. You think this doesn’t extend to driving?

Strange, perhaps, because as I’ve noted before every female motorcyclist I’ve known has been an excellent rider…
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Women Should Pay The Same Insurance As Men

Post by cargo »

Excellent rant and so true.

They want equality but they want it on their terms..................think again girls.
cardboardcutouts
My Bike: Zxr 400 1991

Post by cardboardcutouts »

If there was a 'like' button on this forum, this would definitely get a like from me!

As an example, my ex and i had a shared car, 2.0ltr sport, both of us were around 21 at the time shes about 10 months younger than me, i had 3 years no claims, she had 1, my insurance was £1800 hers was £565. She had crashed before, i never had. How is that fair or right!?

Also 'Rudegirls' as they seem to be known, are everywhere now, racing around town. its not just men at all! In my opinion, Motorcyclists are the safest road users!
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

The main problem with women is they have no aspirations or dreams.....

They only want to be equal to, not better than men......

/me ducks to avoid flying crockery
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

CaNsA wrote:The main problem with women is they have no aspirations or dreams.....

They only want to be equal to, not better than men......

/me ducks to avoid flying crockery

:pmsl

And I really hope Sheila's Wheels fall back up their own jacksies, too! :smt013
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja