Motorcycle Reserved Parking At Supermarkets (BLOG CHALLENGE)

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Yes, I thought that was odd.

It sounds to me like they're saying bikes are welcome to use any parking space, and deliberately skirting around the issue of restricted spaces and cars using them!

Maybe if there're cars in those spaces bikes can use disabled or mother & baby spaces?
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i think so Jamz!! :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

it's not against the law to park in a disabled parking space in a private car park

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

true, the police won't care if you do.

the flip side is that the supermarket are perfectly at liberty to clamp your car or anything else they like
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

all new builds from tescos to hotels to places of work will start to have bike parking provisions now because the government want ppl to go green ie cycle to work or take a motorbike. but they have a point about bein able to take a car parking space but there aint no sump or anythin to lock your bike onto is there so that sucks if your in an area where there are thieving ba*****s.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

deviant wrote:true, the police won't care if you do.

the flip side is that the supermarket are perfectly at liberty to clamp your car or anything else they like
Their not at liberty to clamp your vehicle because the only people allowed to clamp are SIA licensed companies and they can only clamp vehicles that are parked in restricted public zones not private parking areas. a supermarket car park is a private parking area, all they can do is tell you your not allowed to park there and have the police remove you from the site if they wanted to take it that far.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

Would would be (theoretically) the rights of a car if (theoretically) they parked in a bike reserved space and then were (theoretically) blocked in for hours?

If anyone attempts to move your bike without your permission, I believe that is theft of a motor vehicle, and you would be well within your rights to make a citizens arrest and subdue the criminal?

Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

on private land the car has no rights if it becomes blocked in by a bike/car. i think on a public road it can classed as an obstruction and the police can have your bike removed.

You can't perform a citizens arrest for anything other than a crime punishable by i think a minimum of 5yrs in jail and even then your on shaky ground. No police officer or judge is going to agree that moving your bike was theft of a motor vehicle. More likely you'll get a bollocking for acting like more of an arsehole than the guy in a bike reserved space.

Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

You're probably right....

May as well just smack the Camel for moving my bike then! :smt003

I've started taking pictures every time of the cars I block in, just in case any damage comes to my bike.

I also announce to Customer Services or Security on my way in that I've blocked the cars in.

They, so far, have always answered "Good!". :smt003

On Friday after work A car was there and someone else had already plastered it in "PARKING NOTICE - BIKE PARKING" signs!

Well done whoever that was!!! :smt003

I told them on Sunday (after blocking another cars door) "This will be happening a lot from now on" :smt002

Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

I'm considering setting up a 'name and shame' type website for these cars...

Here's Fri:

And Sat:

Notice the huge fucking great white lettering on the ground stating this is MOTORCYCLE PARKING ONLY.

Also, out of shot is a 15ft high sign saying the same.

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Bloody hell, it doesnt get more obvious than that does it, big white fucking writing and signs. I see you parked quite nicely next to the car :smt003
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

nice one Jamz maybe we should post these to tescos?? what do you think mate?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

ahh i reckon there's plenty of room to park across the front of 'em. Maybe you need to buy some £100 nail of a bike just in case they try and drive through it, then just leave it there all day.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

Yes, I told Tesco's that this would be happening a lot from now on, and from the reactions I've had when I've told Tesco's staff that I've blocked people in, they'll be in support!

I'm yet to email Tesco's, but also thinking of maybe sending my original post, saying I found it on t'internet. It'd probably give their members of staff a bit of a laugh as well as getting the point across!

I'll be taking pics of the culprits every time it happens from now on, so I guess I could send them in! :smt003

Oh, and the pic doesn't do justice to how close I was to the car when the bike was upright! :smt003 The gap in the pic isn't half as big as it looks!

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

if you do mail em Jamz wipe out your number plate b4 the filth knock your door for causing an obstruction., if you want i can edit the pics and email them to that bird from tescos??