Motorcycle Reserved Parking At Supermarkets (BLOG CHALLENGE)

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

[RANT ON]

The Tesco's store in Redditch has two measely car parking spaces out of hundreds, which are marked up and reserved for Motorcycle Parking.

It's not like they're right in front of the entrance, because fat pregnant cows and wheely-spakkas get those spaces, but next in line is us bikers, if we can all fit into those 2 spaces.

Except almost every fucking time I've ever been there, there are cars parked in those two spaces!

It boils my piss!

Yesterday, as I pulled up, there were two cars there as usual, and the owner was sat in one of them.

I pulled straight across the spaces, and made sure my bike was blocking both of the cars in. I normally do this, and then as I go into the store will tell Customer Services that I'm blocking cars in and tough titty if anyone complains.

So I locked the bike, got off, took my helmet off and walked away from the bike, without even looking at Tithead NUmber 1 in his car.

I got halfway towards the entrance before Tithead pipes up behind me.

"Can you move your bike? I'm blocked in!"

I spun around, probably frothing at the mouth a little (not that I was trying to initiate an argument or anything), and my Righteous Biking Rage kicked in fully.

"WHAT???? That's BIKE PARKING! Tough titty!" Shouts I, storming back towards Tithead, who was hanging out of his open cars (a green Saxo) window.

I'd pretty much lost it at that point, so it's all a bit of a blur. I think he tried to say something about getting out of his car, but I didn't even let him finish! f*** him, it was some weak pussy protest anyway, and I was the one with the carbon knuckles on my gloves!

Now, it's extremely rare that I get angry, and even when I do I'll just go very quiet and calm. Here I was, with my jaw going and adrenaline through the roof - I wanted a fight, and I'd have kicked his ass for every biker who's ever had their space stolen by a car!

Hell yeah - I was going proper Bananaman!!!

I decided to move my bike forwards, having made my point, so it was just blocking Tithead Number 2's car.

I muttered loudly about "... if you can't read the fucking signs that's your tough toad..." and other provocative stuff. There was no way he was getting out of his car though - and he was much bigger than me! Ha-ha! I win, Fatso!

In hindsight, I should have just ignored him and left my bike there. Even better, I should have walked back and blatantly taken a picture of his registration, just incase he ran the bike over or something daft.

As I mentioned, this toad happens a lot at Tesco's, but this was the first time I'd actually met one of the Titheads. Even when I'd done my shopping as slowly as possible, I've got back before the car drivers - which is a shame. maybe they were hiding until after I'd gone though?

But even then I have a solution. I write a helpful note and put it on their windscreen for when they gat back.

Usually it's something like "YOU ARE NOT A BIKE - YOU ARE A Camel. HAVE A NICE DAY."

Then I put a smiley face. Because I'm nice like that.

What I would REALLY like to do, is get a load of bikers together one day, and get everyone to block the cars in, while we sit there for a few hours chatting and drinking coffee or something.

Just to make a fucking point.

Bike parking is for BIKES!!!

Fucking car-driving titheads.

[RANT OFF]
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Motorcycle Reserved Parking At Supermarkets (BLOG CHALLE

Post by masterofinsanity »

Jamz wrote:Motorcycle Reserved Parking At Supermarkets (BLOG CHALLENGE)

[RANT ON]

The Tesco's store in Redditch has two measely car parking spaces out of hundreds, which are marked up and reserved for Motorcycle Parking.

It's not like they're right in front of the entrance, because fat pregnant cows and wheely-spakkas get those spaces, but next in line is us bikers, if we can all fit into those 2 spaces.

Except almost every fucking time I've ever been there, there are cars parked in those two spaces!

It boils my piss!

[RANT OFF]
i'll join you on your protest mate as soon as my missus has had the baby :smt005
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

Crikey! I thought she was due last week???

I think it could make a point to get a load of bikers down there and block some people in for a good few hours... maybe get the local press involved to spread the word even further...

deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

owners club meet up?
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

deviant wrote:owners club meet up?
lol, sounds like a good idea! Thing is, this sort of fuss would get kicked up if it was a disabled persons space, so why not do the same for a bike space :smt001
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

good idea, in tescos carpark? and if we get a load of us we can hog the fuel station!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by deviant »

RobB wrote:
deviant wrote:owners club meet up?
lol, sounds like a good idea! Thing is, this sort of fuss would get kicked up if it was a disabled persons space, so why not do the same for a bike space :smt001
not a lot of fuss. i see perfectly fit and able people parking in them all the time.

although I suppose the sort of person who parks in a disabled space rather than walk 20m across a car park probably qualifies as mentally diabled.
In the garage:
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jamz have you written to tescos?? maybe we should all email them!
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by deviant »

how big's the car park. if we got enough people, we could get there early in the morning and all park smack in the middle of a car space.
In the garage:
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

its bloody big mate, would need a few thousand bikes to fill it!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

:lol:

thatd be a sight!!
Last edited by RedexRobB on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

masterofinsanity wrote:Jamz have you written to tescos?? maybe we should all email them!
Could be a good idea!

We might even get 3p off a Pot Noodle each as compensation!! :smt003

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

With thier anual turnover im sure they could spare a bit more than that!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

right i've just emailed tescos for a list of their stores and how many spaces they have for motorcycles, lets see if we get a response, anyone wants to email them here is the addy customer.service@tesco.co.uk
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

at my local tesco there arent any bike parking spaces, but that doesnt bother me too much.
What really annoys me tho, is there are about 15 disabled/parent and child spaces right by the entraces. 90% of the time, these spaces are filled with Porsches, BMW X5s and the "I cant afford an X5 so I bought an X3", and other expensive bits of machinery. Not one of them warrants the use of one of these spaces. Theyre just f*cking lazy!

oxford services on the M40 has bike only parking, one day my other half and a friend rolled up there to find a car parked in a bike only space, so they both parked their bikes either side of the car, right up close so teh driver couldnt get in, and then they sat outside having a coffee.
The guy came up and apologises and admits he was an idiot for parking there.

too right something should be sorted about the number of people that abuse these spaces. They are the first ones to complain when a bike occupies a whole car space!

</rant>

/Caz
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com