Mail Delivery

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Mail Delivery

Post by Jamz »

I've got a package!!! Well, I say I've 'got' one - by that I mean that I found a -ing card shoved through my door saying it needed signing for, wouldn't fit through the letterbox, so they've taken it back to the depot.

For the benefit of those yet to experience this - it's an absolute nightmare.

Of course, it's easy to just go to the depot and pick it up, but there are a few slight problems with this...

The package couldn't be delivered because I was at work at the time. The rather generous opening hours of the collection depot, are from 08:30 to 12:30.

What. The. Fk????????

How the fk is anyone supposed to collect that?

If you weren't there to collect it during daylight hours, there's every chance it's because you were at -ing work at the time! If you COULD get there between those hours, then the chances are you don't -ing work, so you'd have been in to answer the blastard door anyway!!!

Perhaps we should send those -ing layabout house spiders to pick it up for us?
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Re: Mail Delivery

Post by rene »

i've got the same problem as i work 20 miles away from were i live i cant just nip over at lunch time!

and whats up with all the postal strikes?? you'll get paid more once you get a real job lazy fucking white lightning drinkers
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

The mail depot it's in is also in the opposite direction from where I work, and apparently they will only redeliver to an address within the same postcode area as the original attempt!

How many people work near to where they live??? :smt013

Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

Jamz wrote: How many people work near to where they live??? :smt013
work 35 miles away! But I do have the advantage of semi-flexi time (I do have to swipe in and out)- core hours are 9 - 3, and the post office is open until 4:30.
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

i work 9 till 5.30 but normaly dont get away till 7-8ish, i also work saturday, what chance do i get off getting down there!

normaly ask eaither pairents or friends to go pick stuff up
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
lindaloo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by lindaloo »

Cant they deliver to a local Post Office?? Then you collect within so long??? :smt017 or if you dont need ID send someone you know for it lol Ive done that before.... :smt001
people say that before you die, your whole life flashes before your eyes... make sure its worth watching !! ;-)

zzr 600
zxr400
http://golfnutlady.spaces.live.com/photos/
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

It costs 50p to get stuff redelivered to the local Post Office.

It wouldn't really make things all that much easier for me, though, because it closes at half 5, which is when I finish work 10 miles away!

Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

just get a friend/family to pick it up for you - you cam sign the card or write a letter saying someone else can pick it up for you
isnt it open on a Saturday?

/Caz
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

i live a couple of miles from the main sorting office for the whole of nottingham, which is open 7-7 most days. so not a problem for me :smt003

picking up couriered stuff is more of a pain. ANC is just down the road, but the nearest Amtrak depot is in Mansfield!
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

Caz wrote:just get a friend/family to pick it up for you - you cam sign the card or write a letter saying someone else can pick it up for you
isnt it open on a Saturday?

/Caz

You see, the other thing is that I don't actually know what the parcel contains.

It's either a lock set, a rucksack, or a wheel! :smt003

What are the chances if I go to collect it on the bike, it will be the -ing wheel? :smt014

Zedder
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Zedder »

On a tangent, can I have your thoughts on this please.

I bought tickets for a concert and about a week before the gig, (which was on a Sunday), realised I couldn't go due to other commitments. I stuck them on a non-ebay website and got a phone call a couple of days later (Wednesday) from an interested party. I told him to pay me by paypal and as soon as payment was made, I'd pop down to the post office and send them by special next day delivery. 5.30 arrived and still no payment so rang the guy the next day. He assured me payment would be made that day. It was made about 4pm on Thursday and I went down to the post office.

Was told by the post office staff member that the next day (Fri) there was a postal strike, so special delivery was no good as special delivery mail is not delivered on Saturday(???). Gig was on Sunday remember. Anyway, I needed to get the tickets to get to this bloke on Saturday, so the post office woman said if I posted them by ORDINARY delivery there would be a chance they MIGHT arrive on Saturday, but it wasn't guaranteed. So I posted them by ordinary post and got a receipt of postage.

The tickets never arrived on time.

Next things I know the bloke starts a paypal compensation claim against me looking for his money back. I say I understand his position but it was out of my hands. Eventually I say I'm willing to refund 50% of the money as he didn't pay until the Thursday, but paypal give him 100% of the claim as I posted them by a different method than agreed. If I HAD posted them by the agreed methos the tickets would DEFINTIELY not have arrived on time, but on the advice of the post office I chose a different method.

I have appealed the decision but not holding out much hope of getting my £100 back.

Friggin raging :smt013
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

Bugger!

You should have just stuck to what you said on Ebay, as technically that is a legally binding contract!

If you put on the listing that immediate payment was required to ensure safe arrival of the tickets - you may just get away with it, but it's doubtful even then.

What sort of -ing dink buys last minute tickets then buggers about before paying??? :smt013 Unfortunately, I think the law is on the side of the idiot this time, so good luck!

Zedder
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Zedder »

It wasn't on ebay. It was another free listing website, Swapmyticket.co.uk

It's a good wee site.

Ta for your thoughts. If I ever come across the b*stard who's shafting me, I swear I'll rip his head off and shove it so far up his ar$e, he'll be sh*tting teeth for a fortnight. :smt013
mycallsevern
My Bike: ZXR400 L3 UK spec

Post by mycallsevern »

Zedder wrote: If I ever come across the b*stard who's shafting me, I swear I'll rip his head off and shove it so far up his ar$e, he'll be sh*tting teeth for a fortnight. :smt013
Thats nice.
Rubber side down, rubber side down, rubber side down.
f17th
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by f17th »

Is there any way to check whether he actuall did get the tickets and go to the gig ??

If you find out the Tickets were cashed in at the venue i would take a ride round to his gaff and give him the good news