Ebay seller!!!!!!

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: sold it!

Ebay seller!!!!!!

Post by Breesey »

Hi all

ordered a regulator from an eBay seller called mumblespares on Monday 24th March, i got my dad to order it via his PayPal so i would get the part quicker, I emailed this guy on Thursday and he said he would post it Friday and it still hasn’t arrived anyway i have emailed him and still doesn’t reply managed to get his number off my dad from an email.

I ring the guy up manages to answer after several times I explained to about the regulator he told me there was no post on Monday due to it been easter (NO S**T SHERLOCK) and we only post items on a Monday and a Friday he told me it says that on the advert (does it hell) I told him I Wouldn’t of ordered it if it then anyway he tells me that he posted it first class on Friday.

He said if it doesn’t arrive by Wednesday let me know, no good to me I’m not back from work until another week anyway I double checked his advert and it doesn’t say anything about delivery days, all I can say is what a complete utter load of crap and what a C**K!!
:smt011
Live for nothing or die for something!
greengoblin
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 96 ZX7R, 01 ZX6R

Re: Ebay seller!!!!!!

Post by greengoblin »

Neg feedback the lazy s**t!! :smt011

Let everyone else know what they're like.
Ninja

Green ones are faster!
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Breesey »

I will remind my dad because he purchased them, I am absoultley gutted I was on a couple of days leave from work and when I had the problems with my bike last week, with a good bit of help from Rob and Baz they give some advice on what might be wrong with it.

It's just a joke now I will have to wait now until next week when I come back on leave to fix my bike I only done about 23 miles on it since I got back :smt010 to put matters worst ive got new tyres on it and they have'nt been worn in yet :smt013
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Breesey »

It's finally turned up today phone call from mum today, still takes the mick just count down time now to see if my bike will start up. :smt023
Nut-Magnet

Post by Nut-Magnet »

Hi Breesey........... :smt006

I'm not defending the seller and his "I've got your money sucker now wait for your parts" attitude....

But, selling on eBay isn't as easy as it sounds.. .. I looked after a mates account for a week while he was away and i regretted saying yes after day one.. .. There was only about 150 items listed and i was getting 200+ emails a day....
Most of them were stupid questions and covered mostly by the information already in the description...

Others asking for discount on 2 or 3 items.. ...
Can i buy it now and pay at the end of the month... ..
Do you have one of these in another colour / size.. ...

Then it would take between 1/2 hour and 3 hours packing stuff putting it in a sack and going to the post office and spending an hour there.. And take a few bits home for those who wanted to collect and save the postage.. .. At the end of the week the few bits i was thinking of selling on eBay i had at home, i gave away and took them down to the oxfam shop in my high street...
Last edited by Nut-Magnet on Sun May 18, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

i know what you mean, but at the end of the day, if they are using Ebay professionally to sell multiple items and earn a living from it, i think you can fully expect them to PUT THE FUCKING TIME IN AND TREAT IT LIKE A PROPER JOB, BECAUSE IT IS ONE!

sorry, rant over .. but ive still got a useless and completely seized rear shock linkage i bought from mumblespares a while ago, they wouldnt refund it, or replace it when i pointed out it was scrap and not as advertised, well, they would, once i'd sent it back to them (at my cost), and then they wanted me to paypal them another £10 to cover P&P on the replacement .. i told them to f*** off, threw it in a pile of bits and bought one elsewhere.
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Breesey »

If you are selling goods on eBay, like any other company etc I appreciate the amount of emails you are going to get, but a bit of common sense like when you will post the item etc,

I know you might get stupid emails about people asking for discount etc, why don’t they put more details on the advertisement telling people that they need not ask these stupid questions and if somebody has payed for an item treat them as priority.

As goes for delivery soon as you pay for an item like I payed for mine on the Monday I would of thought I would get it a bit sooner as the delivery stated first class, I didn't have over a week later in mind.

at the end of the day you should state clearly in your advertisement what you terms and conditions are.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

as a follow up to this ..

i contacted them this morning about a set of panels they have listed..

the listing states that they will ship deliver to uk, abroad etc, but to contact first to verify the cost.

i emailed them asking how much delivery to wales would be.

this is straight cut n paste of the reply i got.

"Hi sorry we cant deliver that far the reason we are having to deliver them is that we cant find anything big enough to box them in for a couriour.
Thanks"

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

oh i've heard some excuses in the past from ebay sellers, i won a couple of mountain bike tyres for £3, postage was a fiver did i get em? no chance, apparently this seller sold several items on that day and posted my tyres to the wrong person and they can't be traced, mmmmmmmm heeeyy stoooopid, you must have that persons item left over then? she wouldn't give me any details so i could sort it out, basically she wanted more for the tyres and was a complete unhelpful liar!!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

dos actually as in ebay rules iirc that they dont need to post for 7 days after the end of the auction
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
Cloud Wolf
My Bike: ZXR 400 L 92

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Well the matter shall be settled soon enough about this mumblespares person soon enough. I will be 'popping' over this week hopefully to check out the fairings and also the 2 zxr400's they are breaking to see if i can get some 'good' spares cheap. Luckily for me i live about 10 miles away from them, will be phoning them tomorrow morning to arrange a viewing. Might make them an offer on the fairings, if they dont take it or i dont like em i shall be sure to tell anyone who is interested in them/bidding on them what the condition is like and also the other parts. if you want me to take a look at certain stuff they have then just ask.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

im only interested in the fairings because it looks like a single seat is included in the set .. lol .. alas, the extra pictures/details i was promised have yet to materialise in my inbox ..
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Lol ive been trying to get pics/info on the fairings for about 3 weeks now, since before they were actually put on ebay, just gave up on em and asked for a phone number to arrange a visit, and yes that seat unit does look tasty, just a shame they cant post to you guys :smt003
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Update:
Went to 'mumblespares's' house today to check out the fairings. here is the news on them. the listing is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=014
The whole set used to be used for racing and is an aftermarket set, made out of fibreglass, so the insides of the the nose cone does not look very pretty to start with. to go along with that the bike has clearly been down the road on both sides and probably its head. the fairings are a pile of dogshit and the tank has been repaired with filler which is VERY obvious. various cracks and scrapes all over.
So it depends on what you would want to use the fairings for, if its to replace old ones for a road bike then dont bother, if its for a track bike and you dont care if they look very crap close up then go for it.
Also was reading in this thread about people buying spares/parts from 'mumblespares' and i would strongly advise against this unless you can get over there to view them and try them out. the current zxr400 he is breaking was used as a race bike in endurance and a complete god if you want my opinion. So test before you buy.
Hope this helps some people...
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

ahh, but what is the seat unit like ??

reckon he'd sell it separate ? if so, and he still cant find a box, would you pick it up and post it for me ?