Ethical Products - Tough Titty To The Slaves!

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Ethical Products - Tough Titty To The Slaves!

Post by Jamz »

There's been a lot of fuss (again) lately about major highstreet shops like Primark getting their stock from Indian sweat-shops.

Everyone cries about how it's exploiting these poor people, and they're paid mere pennies per day, and so we shouldn't buy the stock.

It bothers me how you stupid fks give a shti.

How the Hell did you think that top you bought was so cheap?

Do you think these shops are giving clothes away?

Here's some very simple business: If you're not making at least 80% profit on an item, it's not worth selling it.

Even when you buy an item in a super-cheap sale, you can rest assured that the business is raking in the profits still. That IS business.

So some -ing poor Indian woman is sewing sequins onto dresses for 56p per day - so what? I bet that woman BEGGED the factory to let her do that job for that wage!

By saying we shouldn't buy such products, you're making the difference between that poor Indian woman making 56p per day and her getting paid absolutely fk-all.

Wake the Hell up!

We don't all live in countries like the UK and US! There are poor countries out there that will always be poor, because there will NEVER be equality in this world, and if you have that dream then go shoot yourself and save us all from your whining pansy crap.

The bottom line is that they can make a shirt and I can't. I pay - they give.

When I can AFFORD to pay top dollar for my clothes, THEN it would be Wrong of me to buy cheap stuff that I know is being made by sweatshop workers. While I'm scraping by then I'm going for the cheap stuff!

*waits for the gunshots*

Right.

I live in a better country than those workers, and that's life, I'm afraid. Tough titty to them. Unlucky.

Now, I have a theory about the REAL problem here.

WOMEN.

Men don't buy clothes. Men will buy the absolute bare minimum - we're happy to have t-shirts that are 15 years old, as long as they don't have holes in them.

Men will have a pair of trainers, a pair of shoes, and maybe some boots. We may have lots of t-shirts and trousers, but that's just so we can pile the fkrs up in the washing basket and not have to worry about it for a few weeks.

Oh no - Men are not contributing to any of this unethical industry stuff.

Women, on the other hand have CREATED this whole situation!

They buy shoes, clothes and handbags like they're stockpiling in case the Earth's natural resources of fabrics run out!

I bet every single one of the women reading this has a dress they've bought only to wear once... or a pair of shoes they've never even worn?

And the chances are you bought them because they were a 'bargain'?

People making cheap products in sweatshops is always going to happen, because WE want it.

And it's a good thing.

Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Ethical Products - Tough Titty To The Slaves!

Post by masterofinsanity »

we was having this conversation at work the other day, they get 56p a day for the family, a quid probably pays for their shopping for a week. if they wanna do it why the f*ck broadcast it to the uk for us to feel sorry?? if its a problem then their government should do something about it!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

its not a problem, there working and getting money! Conditions are better than they where for us 100 years ago when we made cloths for the world!

And agree about the women, i like to own nice cloths but i'll only buy what i wear, i wont run to next and scream like a fighting cat because theres a 40% off sticker on that lime green dress that i took the pisss out of yesterday only to bite another girls arm whos trying to buy it as well.

My mate works for next and she said if they want to sell anything they'll put a 20% off sticker on it but raise the price by 10% and it will still sell almost strate away, dumb buggers..
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

that sounds little bit illegal to me

tut-tut

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

what a crock of toad jamz. this get less abuse than my welsh rant ya shitehawk ;)

but i agree totally. for the uk to have to feel sorry for these fuckers is wrong. as a member said to me in my welsh rant if you dont like it then move.

same goes for those who think they have it hard. if u dont like it then f*** off and join em and earn yer 56p a day. u tell em u r happy living like that when u had it so much better.
Quicker Than Yngwie

Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

LOL I actually blogged this on the same day as the Welsh rant, but knew that one would hit a nerve so I've held off posting this till now! :smt003

I think it's about time they got these sweatshops on the bike gear, anyway.

I've always thought that if TK Maxx did bike gear it would be the Best Shop In The World.

diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

ya evil fecker :)
Quicker Than Yngwie

Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

I bet every single one of the women reading this has a dress they've bought only to wear once... or a pair of shoes they've never even worn?
nope.....

I absolutely hate clothes shopping, I buy clothes that I need when I need them.

I know considerably more blokes who are big on buying 'uesless' clothes than I do girls..... :-P
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

Caz wrote:
nope.....

I know considerably more blokes who are big on buying 'uesless' clothes than I do girls..... :-P

f*** me. can u show my wife how not to shop then :)
Quicker Than Yngwie

Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

LOL :-) It's easy not to like shopping - I hate being in shops with ppl fighting over clothes, searching for the right size, having to dodge out of control push chairs (people should have to do some form of test to be allowed those!!). There are far better ways to spend my time :smt004 riding & tinkering with my bike / tae kwon do / gym.

/Caz
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

Caz wrote:LOL :-) It's easy not to like shopping - I hate being in shops with ppl fighting over clothes, searching for the right size, having to dodge out of control push chairs (people should have to do some form of test to be allowed those!!). There are far better ways to spend my time :smt004 riding & tinkering with my bike / tae kwon do / gym.

/Caz
ahhh taekwondo. used be be handy at that. knee injury ruined it :(
Quicker Than Yngwie

mandie82
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by mandie82 »

Caz wrote:
nope.....

I agree wioth you there Caz.. im not a fan of crazy lady shpping either.. i have a few pairs of jeans.. some t-shirts.. work gear.. and my leathers..

I spend more money on my bike gear than normal clothes..

Maybe its a woman biker thing?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

mandie82 wrote:
Caz wrote:
nope.....

I agree wioth you there Caz.. im not a fan of crazy lady shpping either.. i have a few pairs of jeans.. some t-shirts.. work gear.. and my leathers..

I spend more money on my bike gear than normal clothes..

Maybe its a woman biker thing?
have to say i agree with both caz and mandie... not that im a girly biker.. but the mrs is.. and she's the same.. more than 20 minutes in a shopping centre and she'll be prepared to go home empty handed or buy the first thing thats "close enough" just so she can go home and do something else.
lindaloo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by lindaloo »

i think ya right too, woman biker thing it is....i hate shoppin for clothes,i buy the main things i need, and thats it. In the lasy year i have done half hr shoppin thing....for my birthday and got everything from 1 shop cos couldnt be bothered with it all,.and that was cos my fella made me pmsl (said i needed to act girly at some point!!)
The cheek! :smt003 Although would love a new helmet....hmm could browse for that and new leathers...easy :smt005
people say that before you die, your whole life flashes before your eyes... make sure its worth watching !! ;-)

zzr 600
zxr400
http://golfnutlady.spaces.live.com/photos/
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Jamz »

I guess women who go on bikes soon have to learn how to thin down what they take with them!

I know many women who would be mortified if they agreed to a weekend away on the bike and then saw that tank bag and ruck sack that would be holding all the clothes and essentials for both of us! :smt003

Or does this revelation just mean women bikers are a bit more stiggy thatn other women? :smt017