fucking puncture

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: fucking puncture

Post by Xphyral »

Jamz wrote:
Xphyral wrote:most garages won't touch part worn tyres because once they've a fitted a tyre they are liable for it.
Sign a disclaimer. :smt002
because every garage keeps a handy stack of those laying around. And a disclaimer isnt even a guarantee that some dudes solicitors wont be able to get a court to find you guilty of negligence regardless of whatever forms the numpty signs.

So kids... Just say NO!

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Xphyral wrote:
Jamz wrote:
Xphyral wrote:most garages won't touch part worn tyres because once they've a fitted a tyre they are liable for it.
Sign a disclaimer. :smt002
because every garage keeps a handy stack of those laying around. And a disclaimer isnt even a guarantee that some dudes solicitors wont be able to get a court to find you guilty of negligence regardless of whatever forms the numpty signs.

So kids... Just say NO!

You're never going to see a form like that either - which is why you have to write it yourself.

As long as the accident isn't caused by either the goods they sold you (i.e. tyre, valve, bearings etc) or due to incompetence in how they fitted the parts, then they're in the clear anyway!

The only place they can fall down is in the actual tyre that you've given them to fit. Sign that you are responsible for any failure or fault in the tyre itself...

It's all a bit of a moot point anyway, though. The only real reason they won't fit part worns is because they're not making profit from the sale of the tyre.

Take in a free wheel with collapsed bearings and they'll fit it to that no problem.

If you really can't find anyone who'll do it, get them to take the wheel off for you, then get them to fit a tyre to a loose wheel, then get them to put the wheel back on.

I'm pretty sure they have no liability for tyres fitted to loose wheels because they don't need to know their intended purpose.
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

Jamz wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have no liability for tyres fitted to loose wheels because they don't need to know their intended purpose.

prob's why i can get mine done.. cant remember the last time i've taken a whole bike in for a tyre to be fitted.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

zimm wrote:
Jamz wrote:

prob's why i can get mine done.. cant remember the last time i've taken a whole bike in for a tyre to be fitted.
One thing I definitely miss about my VFR750: a centre stand.

I've literally ridden up to a garage, used my toold to have the wheel off, got them to fit the tyre, put it back on myself and saved £15-£20!

Does anyone make collapsable paddock stands? :smt003
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

Jamz wrote:
Does anyone make collapsable paddock stands? :smt003
nope but a hydraulic bottle jack and 3" square block of softwood are fairly portable..

just jack it under the collector/shock linkage