Twats.

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Twats.

Post by Vard66 »

If you are of a sensitive disposition, please close your ears and avert your eyes, this post is not going to be pretty. I don't want to just be eloquent this time.
I want to swear a lot, and be eloquent.

I'm fed up.
I'm fed up of this fucking weather, of our wonderful British summertime. I've been telling people for months 'Oh, I dunno, I think we're gonna have a cracker this summer'. It seems that's right. I've been bigging it up so it's all big and shiny and like a present wrapped and waiting to be opened. The instant the time comes for it to be opened and present itself, there's a short, very bright flash of light, then a shitty disappointment when you discover what it actually entails. Rain. Lots of the fucking stuff.
This is supposed to be the highlight of our year for warmth, and for sunshine. Our fucking pasty white skin is supposed to be burning in the barely into the teens temperatures. What are we doing? Riding around like fucking giant sponges, getting soaked to the skin every time we want to go anywhere, then chafing like a right prat when we get there and have to walk around at work/around town.
I'm fed up of being wet, on July the fucking eleventh.

I'm fed up of banks. I want to manage my money in a way that allows me access to it when I need it, and allows it to be tucked away so that it's accessible when I need it. I want to know how much I've got, and how much I've just spent.
Can they do this? No they can't instead I have to put up with electronic transfers of imaginary money, the commands for which happen in nanoseconds, to take eight whole fucking days to process and go through. This means that my money vanishes out of my account, and then I have to struggle through eight days before I know it's gone into my other account and I can retrieve it in order to eat, and to fuel the bike.
The last eight days, my bank has stolidly told me I have £80. So I have used the money to guarantee I can get to where I need to be, and that I don't starve. Then suddenly, come payday, I have just about £100 in my bank, despite being paid over £200. Why? Because while my bank has been telling me I've got money, and I've been using it as I see perfectly fit, I've been going deeper and deeper into the red. Now, I've got £104 in the bank, and on the 15th, I know that £96 goes out to Direct Line, so I can't run my Rover for amother month, while it's being repaired. I also know I've got bike insurance going out at sometime within the next ten days, but I don't know when, so I'm just hoping it goes out after next Friday, when I should get the last paycheck from the Lion.
I also need to fuel the bike in the meantime, and buy lunch in the meantime.
How the f*** am I going to do that and stay in the black?
I would also like a new helmet, and a new fob for my Rover's ECU, and a new alternator, and some new ignition bits for the 214. I would also like to sort out the indicators I bought for the ZXR that it turns out are huge and won't fit. I'd also like to buy a new guitar, and an amp, as I've been missing playing for a while, and unamplified it's just not the same. These items are at this point, simply irrelevant and unthinkable, as I won't have cash to do any of them till the middle of next month, if I can sort my money out so that I'm not being driven into my overdraft each week.
I'm closing my account with Natwest. I've never had a problem with Nationwide before, so I'm going to give their Flex and instant access ISA's a go. Anyone with thoughts on these, lemme know.

I'm fed up of having a cold. And a chest infection. I've only just got over the fucking hayfever season, now I've got to put up with this toad? I've got a chance that I might have a nose that doesn't run, for perhaps a month between now and August 2009. I'm fed up of having to blow it, because people can't stand the sniffing, and I'm fed up of sniffing. I'm fed up of people saying 'you should blow your nose, you know'. I FUCKING KNOW I SHOULD BLOW MY NOSE YOU Camel, BUT IT'S GETTING MIGHTY SORE FROM ALL THE TIMES I DO SO, SO I WANT TO GIVE IT A BREAK, LEST I SHOULD WEAR THE SKIN OFF MY NOSTRILS AND BLEED TO DEATH.
Every fucking place I go, I've got a bogroll in my hand, so why is there never one even in the same room as me when I need it?
My chest is full of toad, and I'm struggling to breathe, every time I cough, it's empty and useless, rather than deep and productive, and what is more, my inhaler is empty.
I'm fed up of being asthmatic and needing the fucking thing anyway. I have to blow my nose hundreds of times a day, which wears me out, which causes me to be wheezy and short of breath, so I'm constantly feeling that a blast of Salbutamol or similar, or whatever the f*** they're calling it these days, would help me being more comfortable breathing, which, if I remember correctly, I need to do to live.

I'm fed up of twats on the road. I only just avoided broadsiding into a Golf today, as the stupid Camel driving it decided she was going to pull out on me, right at the last moment. My trousers need washing, and her head needs boiling. I locked the back wheel, just about controlled the back of the bike drifting about as I desperately tried to stop before hitting her. I wound up about half a foot from her rear nearside door, while she looked baffled as to what had happened. I even put my fucking headlight on full beam as I approached her because I suspected she was going to pull out exactly as she did, and somehow she didn't see me.

I love my new job. Two days in, and so far, they have felt like days off, it's been so relaxed, compared to the pub. And that's even with the Jazz Festival in town.

Someone find me a stress busting game, and fast.
Vard.
My Bike: ZXR 400

Re: Twats.

Post by mandie82 »

who do you bank with Vard??

I work in banking.. (Techy job) and i can tell you that for the bank I work for they have the new instant payments system, so they can transfer from one bank to another straight away! but this depends on who you bank with!
Alo yes if the dont have instant payments system it will take 8 day.. cause when they run there batch work over night (this hold any debits and credits from a specific time normally up to 12pm on the day the batch is run) and when this is run, it will debit your account, they then send a request to the other bank to get it credit..
wiating for them is normally a long process..
and then they have to run there baqtch work.

Dont ever trust what your accounts say on a saturday or sunday, as no batch work is done.. i know for my bank it is not. unless you use a ATM, as its real time money! but for card payemtents it aint always.

On the ISA front... your best bet is the instant ISA as these will have a fixed rate where as the FLEX will allow you probably to draw money out so many times a year.. they will also probably be a tracker intrest rate! which is pants..

Also.. the best thing you can do.. is online banking.. . all online accounts will show how much money you have in, how much your overdraft is.. and what your available balance is.. which is the one you need to look at.. as with any card payments, ATM's or online payments.. these will initially show straight away.. unlike the normal balance view. dont forget it will also includ your overdraft.

Anymore questions on banking give me a shout!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

sorry for the big bank defense lol
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

Vard66 wrote:I'm closing my account with Natwest.
Vard.
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

natwest decided overnight to "call in" my entire student account overdraft.. gave me 48 hours to find .. um a LOT..

i went to barclays, they opened me a student account, with an overdraft that was £200 more than i owed natwest, and arranged paying off natwest, which left me £200 up so i could eat/buy petrol.. :)

i wasnt even a student ! (im not sure they've yet twigged that though)

i like barclays, im still with them.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

I was with Barclays since about three days after I was born. Dad set up an account for me that grew into a Young Person's and then a Current. They hacked me off, not quite as bad as Natwest have so far, but I got fed up, and closed my account there. I really am starting to get into the idea of internet banking. I've been dubious of it for years, but now seems like a good moment to give it a go.
Vard.
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by mandie82 »

yeh.. get online banking.. its so much easier to know where you money is and how much exactly you have!!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

Natwest did the same to my brother last year when he was at uni, he wasn't a very happy bunny.

I hate banks and banking, i fail to see why anyone should profit from keeping me from accessing and moving my money around whenever and where ever i wish. I have two business accounts and my personal account, the only time money goes into the personal account is when i have to pay one single direct debit that i cant have sent to me as an invoice or giro credit. i will not give anyone the ability to debit my account money that a bank WILL credit regardless of the funds remaining in my account. all you have to do is ask a business for alternate payment methods than debits, makes handling your finances much easier if your willing to keep your paperwork organised.
My business accounts only see that which is required for BACS payments and profit i dont take as a wage. I prefer to keep my cash at home in a safe and risk a break in than trust it in the hands of an incredibly changeable machine.

You can provide all the excuses in the world for why it takes time to do this or that, and i understand when you have as many transactions as a bank has, calculations and adjustments to so many databases would take a while, but it doesnt change the fact that essentially i am being denied access to that which is mine.

f*** banks.

And i feel your pain with the hayfever and illness, i've had some weird cold ontop of my hayfever lately and it's been almost crippling workwise.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

Nationwide pretty good. Between the wife and I we have three FlexAccounts (one joint and two individual), eSavings accounts attached to each of them, two credit cards, and two cash ISA's.

Everything is pretty much instant and done over the net, apart from getting money out of the ISA, which is a passbook job, but you don't need to do that often. I've gone to a cash machine before to find there is no money in my current account, stepped back, got my phone out and transferred some across, then gone back to the cash machine and taken it out.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

i have always used nationwide ( nice-and-wide )

and touch wood they have always been good

the mrs is with Abbey and they are shite!

always making mistakes, i told her to leave but she thinks she owes them something by staying :smt017

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

Yeah. That thought struck me when I was with Barclays - I've had an account with them since birth, so maybe they'd reward me for loyalty. I was wrong, of course, and quickly dismissed that thought, as my reward for nineteen years of loyalty and savings investment, was being repeatedly f**ked in the ass by rediculous charges of £70+ for going OD by 34p, 72p, £4.57 and 24p, in that order. The only reason I went OD after the first time was because of the ludicrous charge, putting me £70 down on where I would otherwise have stood that week.
I went in and was angry at them.
I threatened to do a great big steaming angry on the manager's carpet, as a visual and excremental representation of what they were doing with my money. I got all the charges back, and then closed my account out.
Vard.