Women

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Women

Post by RedexRobB »

what about them you ask? Just fucking everything today! story is far too long, in fact f*** it! This is a rants and rave forum, right? Time for a good ol' fuckin rant!!!

You decide together what your doing one day, then the next day it changes because the parents have said something to change thier mind and youve been let down.

Me and the girlfriend have now finished uni, she has moved back home while ive stayed in shitty hatfield to make some money and is cheaper than paying rent at home.

We decided to get a place together when i finally leave hatfield which will be mid september, decided to go for a bedsit in ipswich for us just till we get a proper place and some decent jobs sorted. Yesterday her step dad had a big go at her and basically doesnt want us to move in together. We had a chat yesterday and decided, sod him we will do what we want this is what were doing.

But guess what the f*** happened today?

txt - 'i spoke to N (step dad) and i want our own place, not a bedsit, so you get somewhere on your own till we get a place'

me - what the f*** was yesterday all about? Talk about being let down!!!

the only consolation i can find is that it will be cheaper and can therefore put the money towards getting my bike on the road. What was it Ogri said?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rover220
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zx7r p6

Re: Women

Post by rover220 »

she told you that by text? would a quick call not of been more appropriate...
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

youd think, not really bothered how i was told, more the fact shed changed her mind!
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Same old story - after listening to her parents she'd rather do things 'the way it's supposed to be done' rather than just being happy!

It's basically why I split with my ex-ex. I was going bankrupt, and after having everyone whisper in her ear about how my life was over, and i'd never be able to get credit again and all that shite, she forgot that we were actually HAPPY together, and we split...

After a couple of years being miserable, wouldn't you know it we're kind-of back together now she's seen what her priorities should be in life...
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

some people just spend far too much of their lives doing "what they think they ought to do" instead of "what they want to do" ..

often to the point that they lose sight of what they want completely and spend their lives going through the motions of a stereotypical middle class existence, filling their lives with meaningless distractions in an effort to avoid thinking about why they are neither happy or content ..

isnt just women ..
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

You put it very well zimm, and thats what frustrates me, its the 'not doing as she wants, but doing as shes told' that really gets my goat. Fair enough her parents may want her to do things in a certain way, they are older and have more life experience, but at 26 years old?

My parents are great, im allowed to do what i want when i want, not because they dont care but because they know ive got the intelligence and independance to make my own decisions that make me happy, and if i make a mistake i can fix it. I just dont understand this cotton wool treatment.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

age doesnt mean you have more life experience.. it's how you live your life that gives the experience.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

i dont quite get it myself .. i've always done what i wanted ..

my parents were a strange combination of strict and openminded .. they rarely said NO, and when they did, if i could justify what i wanted to do, they'd accept that..

it has its downsides though ... like ending up on the streets, dropping out of university and going bankrupt ..

but without being set free to make our own decisions in this world and given the opportunity to learn from our mistakes.. we arent free, and we dont learn or grow as individuals. We just get older.

this is an ongoing debate in our household atm .. my girlfriend of 5 years trained for 6 years to do a job she isnt cut out to do (Vet).. but feels she has to carry on because her parents expect her to. If she does, she'll have a breakdown, however if she quits, she's liable to anyway because of the guilt she feels. Its fucking ridiculous.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

i've always pretty much done what i wanted to, never been remotly happy doing what my parents expected of me. Was never a rebellion thing just a huge conflict of interest.

and yes it does have some huge downsides at times, but you get through and you start to look at people who seem to mindlessly wander through life just accepting what their told and doing what others want them to and wonder how it's possible to live life like that.

learning from your mistakes is about the only way to truly learn, you can accept advice but without f*cking up you never truly understand. i've been through some bad times and some really really good times that turned out to be massive mistakes but i'm better for it.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Xphyral wrote:age doesnt mean you have more life experience.. it's how you live your life that gives the experience.
Her dad runs his own programming business, is an area manager for BT, is a local councillor (liberal demo) and is also some sort of consultant. If you ask me i think hes done well in life and through that thinks he knows it all.

Her mum is actually really ok, she even said that she should go do her own thing, but because of her step dad she has to stand by him.
zimm wrote:this is an ongoing debate in our household atm .. my girlfriend of 5 years trained for 6 years to do a job she isnt cut out to do (Vet).. but feels she has to carry on because her parents expect her to. If she does, she'll have a breakdown, however if she quits, she's liable to anyway because of the guilt she feels. Its fucking ridiculous.
The only reason gemma did her degree was because her step dad pushed her into it, he even says she wouldnt have got into university if it hadnt been for him. Before that she had been working as a nanny in portugal, france, austria and spain for a company called Scott Dunn (very exclusive). Meeting some really really well off people and offering her to go with them on holiday next year to places like Disney world on thier next holiday to look after thier kids, all paid for!

But one thing she has decided tho, is that she is going to continue working with kids because she enjoys it so much, even tho her degree isnt really related. Even ive decided im gonna do something different even tho i spent that last ten years studying electronics, because i was a different person 10 years ago and wanna do different things. Im just glad i have the freedon to do that.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

one of my mates from school is a lib dem councillor now ..

he's a homosexual nerd with a passion for lederhosen ..

any similarities ?

EDIT : no seriously .. here's his blog .. http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

no not really :smt005

he is iranian tho....
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

explains a bit ..

its a tangibly different mindset.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

yeah i know, ive nicknamed him The Ayahtolla :smt003
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

:smt005

I worked for an Iranian family for a while, and my aunt's ex husband was Iranian .. good people, but yeh .. different values.. bit oldskool*

*except my bosses brother, and his son .. they were always skiving off to smoke dope and piss about ..