Hotel Review

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Hotel Review

Post by Jamz »

I've just got back from holiday, and had a great time despite a really shitty hotel! Well, I've written a big old review and tried to put it on some websites, but I think it's doubtful that any will actually post it! So here it is, and remember if you're ever going to Salou in Spain, tell them to FK RIGHT OFF if anyone tries to get you to stay at the Molinos Park Hotel.

:smt019

Reading the reviews here it seems most people expect one of the cheapest hotels in Cap Salou to also offer 5 star quality. Unsurprisingly, it does not. If you want that, then how about paying out for a better hotel, eh?

It's also worth bearing in mind that such places attract the kind of scummy holiday Brits Abroad that are an embarrassment to us all. This is made many times worse by the hotel catering for the 'all-inclusive' crowd. If you don't want to go all-inclusive, then do not stay here! If you actually have to PAY for your drinks in the hotel, they don't know what to do, and you get the same watered-down tiny measures as the all-inclusive people - case in point: 2 vodka & cokes (made with Panda cola and alleged 'vodka' which at best was 20% by vol) cost us over NINE EUROS! Bottles of Estrella cost 1.70 euros, which is an excellent price - but stopping here without being all-inclusive will cause you huge problems.

FOOD: The food is hit and miss. There is a large selection, and if you're prepared to brave new dishes then you won't be disappointed. If you're stopping here, though, you're most likely the kind of person who hates 'foreign muck' and will be eating nothing but chips. There are always chips to fill your plate up, and to be fair they are quite nice, but it really is shocking to see Brits eat nothing else! Breakfast is ok for Continental-style stuff, and there is always a fried breakfast available but you may not like the Spanish bacon. Luckily for the Brits there are even chips served at breakfast...

STAFF: Most staff speak far better English than the guests, but sometimes strange requests will flummox them. A couple of them are a bit moody - but I'm entirely sure that's because of the way they are treated by the ignorant scummy guests. If you try smiling and being mildly nice to them, they are fine. How about even learning a few key Spanish phrases before you go to Spain? It works wonders.

LOCATION: We made a mistake. Being in Cap Salou, I thought the local bars would all be Spanish. They ALL cater for the English crowd - so expect egg and chips and Karaoke and miserable faces everywhere. Not quite as miserable as the faces sat around the hotel pool all day drinking, but close. There are several great beaches within a few minutes walk, and there are stunning views from the hotel and surrounding area which take in Salou, Cambrils, panoramic ocean, and the graceful mountains always in the background. The countryside around there is beautiful and well worth booking the Jeep ride to see. Salou centre is a 10 min bus ride (1.75 euros), or you can walk along the coastal path and be there in 15 minutes. You'll be wanting to do this as often as possible to get away from the Costa del Warrington.

Overall, the hotel would be fine apart from one really major let-down: The walls really are too thin. You can hear everything from people using the toilet to kids screaming and stomping around. I'm very tolerant because you're always going to get 'people noise', but this came close to ruining our holiday. The highlight was someone snoring loudly, but this was topped by the idiot next door running off crying to his Dad and spending 3 hours shouting so loudly that it literally woke half of the hotel up - who then started singing, shouting, and fighting about it.

I think the hotel should be two star at best, simply because of the walls.

Maid service is excellent for a cheap hotel, with towels changed daily and beds made. Being out of the way, there is an ant problem, but it's not too bad... but be warned if you leave sweets or glasses of coke lay around you WILL be infested by the little blighters! Take care and they're not a problem - they won't bite!

In short, this is a good hotel totally ruined by the thin walls and the cheap all-inclusive crowd which it attracts. I WOULD send my worst enemy there - but only because I'm a very mean and nasty person to my enemies.

Unless you expect your Spanish holiday to be exactly like Saturday night in Salford, you should steer well clear of this place - my advice is to stop closer to Salou in a place with walls that aren't made of cardboard. It will be worth the extra money.
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Hotel Review

Post by RedexRobB »

nice review mate, never been to spain before, but with programmes such as Benidorm popularising (is that a word) the country i coudnt think of anywhere id stay more clear of. The imagery your words prevoked mimicked exactly how i expect places like that to look like, misery, chavs, loud chavy families and cheapness.

Someone here once said, why goto places where there are more british people and abritish way of life, you go on holiday to get away from it.

Hope you had a good time overall though mate, nothing worse than a good time ruined by other people.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Re: Hotel Review

Post by Jamz »

It was probably me who said that lol! :smt003

Don't write Spain off though - it was my second time there and I absolutely love the place! Salou is a great place to stay because there's so much to do, and you can choose from clubbing, seeing the countryside, theme parks, water parks, shopping, watersports... going up in the mountains in a Jeep was the highlight for me, but it was pretty damn cool that the WRC was there at the same time, too! :smt002

Banning the Brits would be great, but I guess the real problem is that the Spaniards cater to them to get them there... Going outside of the peak season means most of the Nobbers are gone though.

What I did learn is that the hotel IS important. I thought as long as it was a place to sleep I could put up with anything, but now I've changed my mind. I think it'll be 4 star minimum from now on, because even if you're hardly ever there it brings you down when it's so bad.
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja