Houses and Jobs

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Houses and Jobs

Post by RedexRobB »

Well this has got to be the first Rave topic i think?

Well, today i got myself a job, well actually last week when i had the interview but got the offer today. :smt003

Been a very tough time since mid september, when i had to leave my job in Hatfield to move home as the tenancy on my house run out. Not something anyone needs to be doing these days with the current economical climate, rather a step backwards than forwards! Anyway, i moved home, not something i wanted to do at all since my mum and her boyfriend are smokers and as i now know wasnt going to be a 'frustration free' time. I have been looking for a job since the beginning of August since i knew id be having to leave my job in Hatfield. I have tho been looking around Ipswich as I decided (or should that be my girlfriend :smt016 ) that i was going to move there so we could be closer together. :smt007

Had a trial day with a removal firm in august which i actually enjoyed but didnt offer enough hours, had an interview with my old employer sainsburys and wasnt succesful (f*** knows why) which i think was for the best anyway. I kept applying to almost everything i could, and i really was starting to worry. Then royal mail emailed me a month after i applied asking for an interview. Quality, turned out that all you do is turn up and tell em what hours you can work and you get the job there and then, no interview. Now i had a job i could move here, so killed two birds with one stone and had a look at a few rooms to rent while i was up for the interview. That day i took a room and moved in 2 days later. Fucking sorted, out of toad hole Gillingham and into a nice smoke free house and the people im living with are so easy going its unreal! :smt003

A few days later was my graduation and got a call from Makro (the cash n carry people) for an interview, wtf? Two interviews in less than the space of a week? So went to the interview and had to be the best interview ive ever had, got a call today and ive been offered the job. Why accept that you say? Well Royal mail is only temp for two weeks, this is full time permanent.

So, ive moved house and found myself a new job in 2 weeks, i just feel fucking great today cos its been close to 3 months of hard slog and uncertainty about where i am and where ill be working and its finally slotted together.

Today is most definately a very good day :smt004
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Houses and Jobs

Post by masterofinsanity »

nice one rob, glad things are looking up for you!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Nice one!

I love it when a plan comes together!

I heard there's a 'Strangler' job going free in Ipswich now? :tease
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Jamz wrote:I heard there's a 'Strangler' job going free in Ipswich now? :tease
:smt005

Plenty of lorry driving jobs too, tough job apparently, change gear, change gear, check mirrors, change gear, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, check mirrors............
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

Id be so fecked off if I was you, got a uni degree to my name and all I’ve got to show for it is a job at Makro…

Glad everything is sorted though.
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Try finding a graduate job at the moment mate.

Had my graduation last week and only a handful of people have got onto graduate training programmes, one guy i know was in it for three weeks and then got laid off. My house mate has a 2:1 and even he has only managed 1 interview in 6 months.

Its not the best situation, no, but i cant cut my nose off to spite my face, money is money (which is what matters at the moment) no matter how you earn it and you need to sustain yourself. I have been looking and they simply arent out there and i think a third class degree doesnt really go in my favour either, worse still the telecomms sector is laying people off. At a time of recession i feel quite lucky to have a job at all to be honest.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

I think grads get a raw deal straight out of uni, grad schemes are difficult to get onto with hundreds/thousands applying and small companies won't take you on because they think your going to jump ship as soon as something better comes along. Personally I'm two years out of uni with a good degree (2:1 Accounting & Finance) working for myself at the moment but still havn't found the graduate career I'm looking for.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah your right, ive even been trying to get into trainee jobs that arent related to my degree, notably one with three valleys water as a trainee water engineer.

I rememeber wanting an apprenticeship before i started college but i left it too late, and in hindsight that would have been a better choice too, your experienced, your qualified and your easier to employ than a 'fresh out the bag' graduate, id probably have easily earned what ive acrued in debt. All the apprenticeship guys on my course at college, not one of them was ever short of money.

But in another light, had i done all of that i would have never met my girlfriend at uni :smt007
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

congrats matey. ya see, the pikey inbreds form the east can do well ;)
Quicker Than Yngwie

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

you fuckin what? :smt005

Nuffink rong wiv suvverners geezer.
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

hehe , im originally from east anglia :) i know a good caravan when i see one
Quicker Than Yngwie

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Im originally from Kent as it happens, only recently moved to Ipswich winks
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

RedexRobB wrote:trainee water engineer.
never knew you had to engineer water, the things you learn each day eh! :pmsl

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

Gemini wrote:
RedexRobB wrote:trainee water engineer.
never knew you had to engineer water, the things you learn each day eh! :pmsl

gem

i can engineer water after a few pints ;)
Quicker Than Yngwie

Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

i can engineer water after a few pints ;)
I can reverse engineer beer after lots of pints!! lol