Guitar Hero.?

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Guitar Hero.?

Post by diesel »

Ok im sorry Jamz but this topic is really starting to piss me off.

Now, my 16yr old son has a guitar. nothing great just a cheap one with a 10w amp. He plays it everyday, fair play to him. He tries to play stuff well above his ability but i think they all do that when learning.

Or do they?

Now,he has guitar hero. the new one. and the guitar hero thing with a drum kit. Toys id say. i didnt get them his mum and step dad did. they know i would have bitched and moaned if they told me they were getting that for him.

My gripe is this. And its a big personal one to me. I hear my son ( and many other kids ) saying how good they are at it and how great it is and they can play this that the other.

My son said he can play Tornado of souls by megadeth inc the solo. I thought great, hes playing well, we could do the song and solo live. nice one.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

it was that fucking crap Guitar Hero. Hero? Stop spending hours a day being a pretend player and learn the real fucking thing. Get the f*** away from the XBox etc and fucking learn the instrument as its sposed to be learnt.

Its too hard.

Well no fucking toad sherlock. what do u expect. if it was easy we would all be able to play the fucking thing.

OOOHHHHH and while im on the subject of "easy" another thing that pisses me off is guitar magazines' headlines...........

" learn to play like Steve Vai In 3 easy steps"

f*** OFF. GO f*** YOURSELF. GET TO FUCKERY. GET fecked BY JOHNNY McFUCKBAG WHO WANTS TO f*** YOUR FUCKTOOLS WITH A BAG OF f***.

3 easy steps. f*** OFF. its not easy. its very very hard and cuntface things like that and guitar hero are ruining the kids who wanna play music but would rather do it with a plastic toy. Kids think they are the next Impellitteri or Vaughan cos they can play a game. well heres breaking news my little chumbags.

YOU FUCKING WELL AINT SO FUCKING DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE PLAY THE FUCKING INSTRUMENT PROPERLY. Ya gay cunts.

Anyone seen my kazoo?
Quicker Than Yngwie

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Guitar Hero.?

Post by RedexRobB »

You must be quite passionate about guitars then? Its only a game, long as he realises that.
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

i spent many many long hours over the last 17 yrs playing. its just that they would rather pretend to play than bother to do it for real.
Quicker Than Yngwie

Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

I'm totally with you Diesel!

I used to be a semi-pro bass player back in the day... claiming to be like Steve Vai from a piece of plastic witha few buttons on is just retarded!!! :smt013
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i'd be happy to play the guitar on guitar hero........ some of us aint talented enough to learn to play a real instrument.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

I know what you mean on this one! I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and have done the odd gig. I know alot of people who like playing that sort of game, and the monkeys think it actually translates somehow into playing a real guitar!!! Hacks me right off!! I practiced for a long time to play what i play and they think they could play the odd pearl jam riff coz they can play it on that stupid game!!
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

u can see it can't you, your 17 and trying to work your way into some girls pants seducing her with a plastic guitar..

Having said that get drunk and then play it with a few mates it honestly such good fun!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

it just bugs me that these days kids would rather " play " at it than " be " it. i can play most things and took toad loads of hard work and i get these trampy lil oiks saying they can play blah blah blah.

Piss Off U skanks and get some talent.
Quicker Than Yngwie

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

can you recommend any websites/videos or books for a 9 year old beginner? just bought our lad a guitar for xmas and i wanna learn with him.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

masterofinsanity wrote:can you recommend any websites/videos or books for a 9 year old beginner? just bought our lad a guitar for xmas and i wanna learn with him.
There's loads of sites around now giving the tablature for most songs - wish I had the internet when I was playing lol!

I'd say the best thing is to get hold of the tab for his favourite songs so he can learn them! :smt002

Unless he wants to go down the formal lessons route... then you'll be needing scales books and allsorts (not the sweets).
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

whats a tab?
Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

whats a tab?
guitar music basically, instead of notes its just a picture of the strings with the fret numbers on them.

Like this http://www.learnthat.com/courses/fun/gu ... /tabex.gif
A simple pentatonic scale with a couple of blues notes added.. A good starter scale

Note the suggested fret hand fingering isn't usually displayed.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

where can i buy this guitar hero?? :pmsl
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

tab is all well and good to help but isnt the best way. But i use it and i am a fairly good player lol. THE BEST SITE PERIOD is http://www.licklibrary.com . there are free bits but its 46 quid for 6 months and the pro backing trax are amazing, it has video lessons ranging from simple oasis to full on shred. all downloadable so dl the lot, burn em to dvd and you have a lifetime of stuff. trust me, u cant go wrong :) i got 270 odd backing trax from there and use them if i wanna jam with a mate in some SHithole pub.
Quicker Than Yngwie

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

diesel wrote:tab is all well and good to help but isnt the best way.
+ some ..

tabs ok if its all you've got.. nothing beats befriending a better player, locking them in a small room and making them show you stuff over and over and over. Im still toad though.