RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Post by Vard66 »

I ordered a surround sound set the other day from Amazon.co.uk.

Paid not very much for it, and ticked the 'free delivery' option, so I was expecting it to take anything between a week and two to arrive.

It actually turned up within two days, before the weekend hit, so I was dead chuffed with it.

The idea, (and to a certain extent, justification), behind this action was to force me to finish redecorating The Den (which for some unknown reason is what we call the spare room downstairs), which is my room. I can't mount the speakers on the wall until I've finished painting both ceiling and wall, for fear of painting them, or having to un-mount them just to paint the wall.
I also can't set the set up until the old carpet is up, allowing me to lay the wires for the satellites to the exact right length, under the carpet, before the new carpet goes down. So the theory goes. It's working.

Anyway, I digress.

I subsequently realised that because the set (and subwoofer) are rather bigger than I had pictured them, and it's highly recommended that no other electrical equipment that might be damaged; (HDDs, TVs, etc etc), are kept within two foot of the giant magnets inside the Subwoofer, I have to rearrange my entire room around this set.

So, In order to get the job done, I went back onto Amazon.co.uk and after some time spent pouring over the massive choice, I picked a wall bracket to mount my 32" panel TV on the wall with, and ordered it.

I checked my e-mail inbox, and curiously, there's no confirmation e-mail, unlike the last order, so I checked in the 'open and recently shipped orders' section of my account on the site, and the order was there. Good-o, I thought to myself, and thought not much more of it, until a week and a bit later.

At which point the giraffe thing hadn't turned up.

So I went back on the site, and checked the 'open and recently shipped orders' section, only to find that my entire order history from the last two years has vanished, including this open order which has not materialised. I didn't think I would need to make note of the order number when I checked before, so I have no order number for said disparoo'd order.

Fucking excellent, just what I want.

So I try to find a 'contact us' button at the bottom, y'know, like pretty much any fucking other retail store usually has.

Instead, they use buttons up the top of the screen in the options board. Fair enough, it's just not where I expected it.

So I went to the contact us, and I was given three options. Express (which is an online for type jobby) E-mail or Phone.

I initially tried E-mail. Didn't worry about the details at the top asking for an order number, until I tried to send the message and was told I needed one. Ah.

So in order to contact someone about an order I don't have an order number for, I need an order number for it.

Well, that's convoluted and retarded, I thought, but hey, I'm clever, I'll just use the order number for the Z-5500 that was delivered, if that went through fine, that should at least be flagged as a correct order number by the system!

Nope, apparently that order number died along with any record of my ordering the Z-5500 set.

Fucking hell.

E-mail is therefore out.

So I turn my attention to express, and quickly realise that I need an order number in order to find my order using that. *facepalm*

Phone then, that must be the answer.

Upon studying the phone details, I discovered this.
Amazon retards, in a fit of pure, beautiful idiocy, wrote:"You can still reach us the old-fashioned way but you'll miss out on all the benefits of our faster, easier Call Me service."
Now, one of the supposed 'benefits' of this was listed;
Amazon, with a surprisingly appealing notion - so infrequently encountered in today's customer relations circles, wrote:"No waiting to talk to a person.
We'll connect you directly with a Customer Service associate."
Cracking, I thought. That sounds wonderful, no machines, no contact with that most wond'r'us of beings, the automated calling system, the automaton, robotic, lack-luster voiced, bored female clone who answers this particular helpdesk line.

So I clicked the 'phone' option, and was presented with a pop-up, giving me regional options in order to enter my number to be called immediately. The options were as follows;

Canada,
United States,
US Virgin Islands.

... and that's it.

So I can't get a call to the UK using this .co.uk sourced website?

:smt017

The next paragraph goes on to say; "It's your choice. Click the Call Me button or you can reach us at 1-866-216-1072 to use our automated customer service system."

Oh. Right. Hang on a tick, didn't you just say... oh, nevermind, it looks like that's my only option, except, hang on, that's still a US number.

Wonderful, so now I'll be charged overseas rates in order to speak at length with a fucking machine?

Vard is angry.

No, that's not right, that doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Vard is filled with maniacal, inescapable, massively culpable, judiciously subverted bloodlust-rage.

It's a good job I've got a day off tomorrow...
Vard.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Post by CaNsA »

Amazon uk

Get express Customer Service by phone by calling us on Freephone

0800 496 1081

Calls from the UK are free.

Our agents are available Mon - Sat, 08.00 - 18.00, local UK time.

Hope this helps matey.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

My experience of Amazon at Christmas is much the same - absolutely useless! took them 3 weeks to delivery somethign by first class delivery - no explanations or anything like that.

when they get it right - the service is great, when they get it wrong - it is aboslutely abysmal.
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

never been a fan of amazon, never bought from them, they aint that cheap are they?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

The surround sound feckin' was. Cheapest I found after hunting round for two days!

Ta CaNsA, I'll be ringing them now.
Vard.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

wekll?

what happened after you gave them toad down the phone?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Vard66 »

The site is sorted out, everything now appears as it should.

However, the order isn't due to be shipped til the 9th.

By the time this came to light, I couldn't be bothered trying to translate what the guy was saying any more, so I gave up and left it at that.
Vard.