Hi everone, I have question with identification ZXR

A spin off from a previous post by RobB, I have created a forum so we can identify which model ZXR400 you have and to show different variations of colour schemes. Please feel free to post pictures to help others identify their ZXR400's but please keep them to factory std releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Awacs
My Bike: ZXR 400 L4

Hi everone, I have question with identification ZXR

Post by Awacs »

Hello, I'm new here, I'm from Spain (forgive my english, could not be perfect) ... I love the ZXR 400 since long time,,, and now I have some money, I'm looking for one, but here in Spain there are really strange bikes, and there are very few units, (and expensive cause exclusive)...

but whatever, I have seen one in my city, but I have some questions I'm sure you could help me. It`s about L(number) identification.... because everone knows between L5 and L9 the produce the ZXR restricted to 53hp ..... and I want the ZXR befor, with all his 65hp .... the add say's is from 1995, so it should be a restricted L5 .... but the seller says it runs up to 220km/h without problems ,,,, and thats its imposible for a 53cv ,,,

Here are the pics, lets see if you know through the colors and painting, could guess the L'model is it, to be sure is a 65hp or a restricted 53hp

other question,,, if you can see, it says "ZXR 400R" .. with an "R" at the end ,,,, ther was an "R" version? ..... but, its not single seat,,,, its just a back seat cover...

it has an horrible rear light ,,, I would press him because that to get the price down, i want the original red light!

and the velocimeter ,, it's in Km/h and reaches up to 240 km/h (written on the clock)

and it has aprox 50.000km usage ..... it's that too much for this litttle ZXR revvy engines?

thank to all, see you on the road!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Hi everone, I have question with identification ZXR

Post by Mori Man »

It can be hard to say what model it is from colour scheme as some European countries get their own unique design.

It is not an SP which is sometimes refered to as the ZXR400R

The only sure way to know is have the frame number checked - you can do it on a post I have "stickied" , this will tell you what year & model it should be

50K should be no problem if the engine has been serviced at it's schedules - should have just had a major service so check the records that it has been done otherwise knock a big sum off the price to have it done.

Pay attention to cam chain noise as it might be getting near to the end of it's service life or at least the tensioner & guides.

Major service:
Oil & Filter Change
Coolant change
Brake fluid change
Wheels removed and bearings checked / axles greased
Unitrack linkage removed , cleaned and greased
Swingarm pivot shaft removed & greased
Headstock bearings cleaned and greased
Valve clearance check / adjust
New spark plugs
Caliper overhaul / clean front & rear
Chain cleaned and lubed
Any bearings found defective replaced
All hoses checked for creep and fastness
Carb's balanced
New Airfilter
New In-line Fuel filter
All electrical connections checked for corrosion and fastness

That costs a lot to do in a garage / dealership

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Awacs

Post by Awacs »

hi, Yesterday I went to watch it..... it was really good, nad the seller told me that if I want the original rear light he will changue it, it has the original....

but I found some other Question ..... I check it by Frame No it was an L4, that's OK .... but, the front head lights ,,,, it was diferent from the ZXR 400 headlights...

for example, an ZXR 400 of someone from this forum, is like this

even it's an L4 ....

what I saw yesterday, didn't had two lights inside the headlight plastic ,,,, (sorry, I don't know how to say in english) ,,,,, and, confused me, I forgot to take a picture on the fron of the bike.... but I found in the internet another ZXR 400 like this one,

look at the headlights:

there is no twice lamps, ther is just one light inside ..... ?¿?¿? .... the ZXR I saw yesterday is like this one

another pic

... :please

thank you
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

It's most likely a European model , the H had a rectangular headlight in Europe but in Japan it is twin round headlights.
Awacs

Post by Awacs »

hi everyone, I have finally bought it!! about 2500€ here, in Spain ,,,, I'm in love!!

its that one, If took the picture few minutes back in my garage :)

I've got lot of questions, that I'll post on their correctly place ;)
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

That looks the "dogz baws" matey :smt007

Enjoy!

MM! :smt003