Yoke differences.

A spin off from a previous post by RobB, I have created a forum so we can identify which model ZXR400 you have and to show different variations of colour schemes. Please feel free to post pictures to help others identify their ZXR400's but please keep them to factory std releases.

Moderator: Moderators

philsbikes
My Bike: tomos moped

Yoke differences.

Post by philsbikes »

Hi all, i hope you can help me. I am working on a hybrid, I bought what should be H forks and yokes but today I fitted them into the bike. The yoke went in fine then I dropped the forks in the bottom again without problems, next I went to drop the top yoke on and it wont fit. the spacing is wrong somewhere. I know there are differences in the the H & L models so any idea how I can identify the yokes? and for that matter the forks as i now need to get a wheel spindle and speedo drive. I suspect I have a mix of bits.

Thanks, Phil
philsbikes
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Yoke differences.

Post by philsbikes »

Ok just to prove i have been searching :smt001 , I can confirm it seems I do have H forks as mine are 780mm long. But just to confuse me I read that the H and L are different diameter, so it then seem my yokes can be a mix of H and L as the both fit. Is this right or have I mis-read something. Also what is the difference with wheel spindle and wheels? I need to match it all I assume.

Thanks again.