zxr400 H1 model

A spin off from a previous post by RobB, I have created a forum so we can identify which model ZXR400 you have and to show different variations of colour schemes. Please feel free to post pictures to help others identify their ZXR400's but please keep them to factory std releases.

Moderator: Moderators

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

zxr400 H1 model

Post by masterofinsanity »

all information in this thread is specific to H1 models.

Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: zxr400 H1 model

Post by zimm »

funky .. good idea :smt001
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

ill have a go, seen as tho im up far too early :smt015

rear wheels. the h1 swingarm does not accept the h2 or l model rear wheel spidle, it is too narrow, and the rear brake hanger is also smaller than the h2 and l models. The h1 rear wheel itself, has larger cush drive and sprocket mounting, so not interchangeable with h2 or l.
Im sure if you wanted to use h2/l model rear wheel on a h1, you could put h1 bearings in later wheel,and use h1 spacers..altho untested yet.
Or, imh, swap the h1 swingarm with a h2 one- a few around cheap.
Last edited by jake on Fri May 15, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
theWEZ
My Bike: zxr 400sp h1

Post by theWEZ »

just thought id put a pic of my h1 in here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayleigh
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

Post by jayleigh »

hey guys ive ordered one of these off a local kawasaki dealer mnged to get it restricted and delivered for 1000 r these bikes any good? the fairng was the only thing that let the bike down is there better looking fairing around and how fast do thee do restricted to 33bhp? the one im getting is in the green white and blue colours and i was wondering what fairing is available to me that looks really good :) thanks winks also what exhuats are around for theses beasts? :excited
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

hi, welcome to the site, you are very limited to fairings for the H model and you'll be lucky to find any in good nick.they should be good for 110mph restricted.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
richardleonardadi
My Bike: zxr 400 h

Post by richardleonardadi »

Just a quick question, I know the forks on a h are longer than the L but need to uprate the forks with new springs.
Can I use Springs for a L or would it be easier to just change the forks over and be done with it?
Tanks for any help.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

pretty sure the forks are different diameters too only mm in it, you will also need to change calipers discs, spacers for the wheel etc etc.